Sauna Suit for Men - Worth It?

lenjee

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been considering investing in a sauna suit for my workouts, but I'm wondering if it's worth it. Do sauna suits
for men enhance weight loss and improve workout performance, or is it just hype? I've heard mixed opinions about their effectiveness and safety. Some claim they help increase sweat and burn more calories, while others warn about potential risks like dehydration and overheating. Before making the purchase, I'd love to hear from those who have tried sauna suits or have insights into their benefits and drawbacks. Your experiences and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not unless you're cutting weight for a match. You'll lose weight, but it's going to be pretty much just water weight, which is the easiest weight to loose so going by a scale it'll seem effective, but in reality you a) will put that weight back on quickly so it's not consistent loss, and b)don't really want to lose water weight even if you could keep it off. It's not healthy and won't make you look any better.

If you're cutting weight for a match, then losing water weight could be good since you can put it back after weigh-in, but otherwise it's not desirable.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I re-read your post several times to make sure I didn't miss anything and considered all the subtleties and complexities enmeshed in your loquacious response. If I understood your dissertation correctly, did you mean, "No"?
I did.

And with apologies to Lenjee, allow me to elaborate.

No, sir.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been considering investing in a sauna suit for my workouts, but I'm wondering if it's worth it. Do sauna suits
for men enhance weight loss and improve workout performance, or is it just hype? I've heard mixed opinions about their effectiveness and safety. Some claim they help increase sweat and burn more calories, while others warn about potential risks like dehydration and overheating. Before making the purchase, I'd love to hear from those who have tried sauna suits or have insights into their benefits and drawbacks. Your experiences and advice would be greatly appreciated!
By coincidence, this was being advertised next to your post (Etsy). Bowler hat is optional.
BF89D3F0-47CA-4DC3-BDC2-048B395C282E.jpeg

She was 300lbs before she donned this sauna suit.

Latest Discussions