Sara McMann (UFC) gets tapped by 16 y/o in grappling tourney

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Whoops, forgot to mention that this kind of supports my belief that the younger generation of Bjj practitioners are reaching a higher level than the older generation. Mainly because they started younger, there's more schools to choose from, the advent of learning techniques from various schools, and other factors.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
For anyone who doesn't understand the context of what hanzou posted, Mcmann is an Olympic medalist in freestyle wrestling and a solid submission grappler who has medaled (although I don't think ever won gold) at the Abu Dhabi combat club championships, which is a pretty big deal.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It took me a while to figure out what the hell happened. It wasn't until I clicked to the youtube version and read about it. I never saw the knee bar, I never even saw the tap.

Maybe the gal that won is the next coming. Maybe if they fought ten more times Sara would win nine or ten....which is what I think would happen.

Ain't this MMA stuff grand? I love it.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Whoops, forgot to mention that this kind of supports my belief that the younger generation of Bjj practitioners are reaching a higher level than the older generation. Mainly because they started younger, there's more schools to choose from, the advent of learning techniques from various schools, and other factors.

It is a renaissance era for martial arts at the moment.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol. Never,one. I thought it was a young man.
Yeah, a lot of the YouTube commenters were making the same mistake.

According to bloodyelbow.com, Alexandria has been tapping out adults since she was 14. I have to agree with Hanzou's assessment that the upcoming generation of submission grapplers is going to be technically far beyond previous generations.