Sam Dan Bong (3 Sectional Staff) Help!

X

XxTKDPenguinxX

Alrighty folks... I have question that I can't seem to track the answer down on.

The Sam Dan Bong (three sectional staff) is new to the ATA. I was wondering if anyone had the form in writing for it? Also, there are four rings that are on each rope that connect the sections together. I have seen these rings and almost every single sam dan bong I have ever seen. What the heck are these rings for?:idunno:

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Research around the Chinese weapon the 3 sectional staff. There is where the ATA is "importing" thier material from - and probably find the answer to your questions

Todd

Reaction score
I know I'm reviving a long dead thread here, but... since it came up in the similar posts section I was looking at... and I have a good answer... :uhyeah:

The rings are there to make some noise as it moves. Especially with flower patterns, figure eights, whatever you want to call them. You can commonly find these extra rings on chain whips as well. They serve the same purpose there... to confuse and intimidate an opponent. The bigger the ring, the more ominous the sound... hope that helps... (if you ever come back to read it).

Latest Discussions