Rove will NOT be prosecuted

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Special Prosecuter Fitzgerald just announced that he will NOT seek prosecution against Pres. Bush Deputy Chief of Staff Carl Rove. Rove testified five times before a grand jury on the leak invedtigation where Scooter Libby is about to stand trial.

Don't have a link as I am posting from my PDA but ... Wow that was not the outcome I expected.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Doesn't surpise me at all. Rove cushioned himself with so many layers of spin...

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am a bit surprised.

But, I am confident that Special Prosecutor Fitzpatrick has not yet completed in his investigation. Although his pace is infuriating, all reports of his integrity are above board.

Wild Speculation - I believe President George W. Bush told Robert Novak of Ms. Plame's career in the CIA. Mr. Novak has indicated publicaly that the President is aware of his source. Mr. Novak, if I recall, indicated that he was unaware of any laws being broken. During the recent NSA warrantless wiretapping issue, the President and Vice President have asserted that anything the President chooses to declassify is, defacto, declassified and the Vice President has the same authority via an Executive Order. These items seem to be a very clear 2 + 2. Just waiting for the answer.

In these prosecutions, the arrows always point up.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am suprised too. Fitzgerald has been relentless and when one has to testify several times, even a person with nothing to hide can end up contradicting himself (I'm not saying Rove has nothing to hide). That is where it seems people get in trouble. Not by evidence of committing the offense for which they are suspected, but by getting caught in word games. That is precisely why President Clinton wanted to clearly define the word 'is'.

DngrRuss

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I grow increasingly worried about the future.

I am not so immersed in my hatred in the administration that I am willing to convict without due process. But, boy, this is certainly dissapointing.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
What is it, get out of jail free day for the real criminals?

Latest Discussions