Referrals programs in various dojos

R. Derderian

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all,
Like many school owners, much of my new business comes from referrals. I am trying to come up with a improved system for this.
What do you instructors do to motivate members to bring in new people? I would love to hear from students as well.
Naturally, most students do it because they love the school and are not looking for anything. But a better system would motivate some others to bring in friends and others.
Thank you all in advance.
Raffi Derderian

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not really a referral program, but my brother does "Bring a friend" nights at his Dojo every once in a while. That way when the students ask somebody that may be interested, it is assured that they will not be the only ones there with no: training/Gi/clue. Kind of makes it much easier and more relaxed for someone just starting or just checking a place out if the know that. He did one last night and had 12 new kids show up, signed up 3 right away after class and has a couple more that want to come back. When you consider he has only 20-22 kids to begin with, that is a good night.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not really a referral program, but my brother does "Bring a friend" nights at his Dojo every once in a while. That way when the students ask somebody that may be interested, it is assured that they will not be the only ones there with no: training/Gi/clue. Kind of makes it much easier and more relaxed for someone just starting or just checking a place out if the know that. He did one last night and had 12 new kids show up, signed up 3 right away after class and has a couple more that want to come back. When you consider he has only 20-22 kids to begin with, that is a good night.

Another good one. We do that too.

Latest Discussions