'Rampage' Jackson says he's coming back to the UFC

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
12-04-2009 08:57 AM:
ept_sports_mma_experts-625600212-1259931389.jpg
In a blog posted on his Web site, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson said that he is coming back fight. He wants to shut up UFC president Dana White and Jackson's nemesis on "The Ultimate Fighter," Rashad Evans.

Now, I wanted to let my fans know that I'm going to come back to the UFC & finish my contract. Not because the haters are talking [expletive] about me being scared of Rashad or [Darrill Schoonover] or anybody else. I'm coming back for my fans & to shut Rashad's mouth up & shut Dana's mouth up. Then after that I'm going back to doing movies & I might do a boxing match once a year just to stay in shape. Hate on dis!

I have to wonder what made Jackson make such a 180 on his plans. Just a few months ago, Rampage was saying that he was done with the UFC because he felt they weren't loyal to him. Then, he was ripping the UFC because of the Machida/Rua decision and the way Rampage felt he was portrayed on "The Ultimate Fighter." Now he's happily fulfilling his contract?

Jackson had retired from the UFC to become a movie star, and he is currently filming a remake of "The A-Team." He left the UFC as his stint on TUF started to air on Spike, meaning that all of his trash talk with Evans that was supposed to build up to their bout was hollow. If he is back to fight Evans, it won't likely be until this spring at the earliest. Evans is scheduled to fight Thiago Silva on Jan. 2.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Latest Discussions