Papers "flip flop" for Kerry.

R

rmcrobertson

Oh sure, like REASON works when swaggering and bluster are available.

Was I hallucinating, or did I recently hear a poll claiming that 78% of Bush's supporters believe that there were indeed WMDs in Iraq?

I know, I know. It's The Lib'ral Media. Why, little guys like Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, William F. Buckley, Allan Bloom, William Bennett, Roger Kimball and "The American Spectator," Pat Robertson, Oral Roberts, FOX news, cain't hardly get a word in.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Politics is all about the media... Advertising can make people believe silly things. How many complete pieces of crap does everyone want to fess up to having bought because it was the "cool thing", Christmas is coming, that means more ferbys, tickle me elmos and other overpriced novelty junk.

And elections are like Christmas, only instead of being misled into paying for garbage that goes in your closet, you vote for it to go in a Gov't building. :D

Honesty might be nice, but it doesn't sell products or get people elected. Fudge things a little... or a lot and you get rich or elected.

Now, Bring on the flames, it's cold up here and I could use some heat :D

OP
hardheadjarhead

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
October 28, 2004
Economist Backs Kerry

The Economist, which endorsed George W. Bush for president in 2000, has reversed itself and now backs Sen. John Kerry:

"This year's battle has been between two deeply flawed men: George Bush, who has been a radical, transforming president but who has never seemed truly up to the job, let alone his own ambitions for it; and John Kerry, who often seems to have made up his mind conclusively about something only once, and that was 30 years ago. But on November 2nd, Americans must make their choice, as must The Economist. It is far from an easy call, especially against the backdrop of a turbulent, dangerous world. But, on balance, our instinct is towards change rather than continuity: Mr Kerry, not Mr Bush."

Why is the London-based magazine endorsing a candidate in an American election? "The Economist's weekly sales in the United States are about 450,000 copies, which is three times our British sale and roughly 45% of our worldwide total."

Regards,

Steve

Latest Discussions