Padding Knees and Elbows

I

InvisibleFist

Most tournaments exclude the use of knees and elbow, which is a bummer, because they are some of the most powerful weapons. I'm wondering, shouldn't it be possible to design some kind of padding for the knees and elbows, that would allow us to spar safely?

DarrenJew

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I agree that they are very effective weapons, but to have a pad that is thick enough and still allow flexibility to move freely may be more difficult.

Even just wearing the normal gear in full contact sparing I find will limit some peripheral vision and some movement restricted also the gloves make it difficult if not impossible to apply any type of intricate hand techniques, such as trapping hands.

I guess its just the heavy bag and maybe some light sparing for practicing knees and elbows for now.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Tournaments, if such the type i think you are speaking of, have liability and insurance issues. Remember, certain tactics can bring more harm or harm quicker. There has to be a maintenance, As it is, a lot of builf=ding oweners shiver when youmention that you want to lease to open a karate school.