Out of the Mouths of White belts

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*giggling*

Ok.. we've had an influx of White belts this month join our school.. Yay~!

Tuesday night - One guy (bout 19), I taught our first tec, Delayed Sword- informing him that when 'Delayed Sword' is called out, he's to reply with the defense... he digested that and had no questions at the moment-
Now each student is given their own copy of their belt material with all descriptors. We went over and over the tec with him saying the defense to me. All's good~!

Last night- Seig was running class and picked this student.

"Delayed Sword" -- *reply* Front right hand PELVIS Grab Sir*

Seig blinked... I blinked... Seig looked at me saying.. " What are you teaching them?" I grinned ...whilst One of the advanced orange belts chimed in.. KENPO SUTRA?"
The entire class lost it.. ~!

Seig- .."Try Again?" The student blinked.. stammered.. said the same thing.. then fluidly changed it .. "Front Right Hand LAPEL Grab Sir~!"

He's not gonna live that one down for a long time ;)

--------------------------------
Relate your own tales here :D

Mace

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Please feel free to modify this post, but its true and happened a month ago. I was teaching freestyle techs, B1a for you kenpoists, and added a rear leg roundhouse kick to the back of the leg. My white belt fires his kick and strikes his partners butt, a female. I suggested that he lower the kick and his reply, no joke, "But I like it in the @ss". I nearly died and the class lost it.
Sean

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOLOLOL:lol: :lol: I have one but it's more fit for the locker room...

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
There was this one time that my little brother, who resently joined my school raised his hand wile I was running class he says, "We practice groin strikes right?" i said "Sometimes why do you ask" he relpies "Well why don't we practice boob strikes".......needless to say we all had a giggle, and a review of dojo motto.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One often-asked question at oral exams during our tests is usually something like "what's the hardest thing for you about being here and training in martial arts?" Answers vary, usually indicating something physical or the memorization of everything, or finding the time.

One student we had for a while followed his older brother into our class and tested for his first color rank. When asked the same question on his test, he answered with one word: "This."

SenseiBear

Blue Belt
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
One often-asked question at oral exams during our tests is usually something like "what's the hardest thing for you about being here and training in martial arts?" Answers vary, usually indicating something physical or the memorization of everything, or finding the time.

One student we had for a while followed his older brother into our class and tested for his first color rank. When asked the same question on his test, he answered with one word: "This."
Excellent reply!

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This probably doesn't quite fit here: During class, a woman told me how important her faith was to her...she said she'd rather commit adultery than miss a "high holy day" at church. I told her I'd be willing to help her out.