OK, I am a bit slow to figure stuff out sometimes but…..

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Man, I know exactly what your talking about. My Sifu began to understand that I was dedicated so every time I came to class I was being corrected even if I was off by an inch for a technique or my generation of "jing" was a little well "not there"

But I'm thankful for it even though at times its embarrassing, you think your the Sh**
and then your Sifu gives you a reality check and shows you exactly what your lacking lol.

But in the long run its more than worth it, and by your Sifu giving you corrections you realize you have the right Sifu that is worthwhile to learn from.

However make sure you keep an open mind, your Sifu may be awesome and the 10th level of godhood but he's capable of mistakes. So most important try what you learn experiment with it, see if it works and then see if it doesn't. In controlled environments most things will work, but sometimes its good to get a reality check!

all the best,

Doing push hangs with my sifu one time I gained the advantage... I was so amazed I kind of hesitated in one of those "wow" moments.... to which he responded, in a very relaxed manor, with high pat and I fell down :) It was cool and it was also proof, at least to me that invest in loss works.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Doing push hangs with my sifu one time I gained the advantage... I was so amazed I kind of hesitated in one of those "wow" moments.... to which he responded, in a very relaxed manor, with high pat and I fell down :) It was cool and it was also proof, at least to me that invest in loss works.

I agree with that,

In fact I would say due to the fact you gained an advantage no matter how small or for what time period that it goes to show your Sifu is transmitting knowledge and skills properly. (of course experience is always a factor) However don't get me wrong there are other factors involved as well, for instance a Students ability to retain or how fast they can catch on to what is being taught all plays a part as well.

On a side note I've been on the receiving end of techniques, its awesome til you take a shower and see a perfect palm print on your chest! But its great anyways, come back the next day and start over again.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Lol,
But you don't need me telling you whats authentic or not...
Especially Neigong you know your stuff. (not to sound like I was being condescending in my last post) Just thought I would explain my self in further detail so as not to give the wrong idea. :)

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
*oiy my head*

Trust me... the CLF in Seattle is a smidge better than "decent". That's like saying... "Oh yeah, there's some good Chinese restaurants in San Fran... "... ;)
LOL! That may be true. I don't know enough about CLF, honestly, to tell 'decent' from 'real darn good'. I just know there is at least one very well known teacher here, but I also know that doesn't necessarily equal quality. We have a very well known Hun-Gar sifu here and though I'm no expert, I would not take classes at his school. But if I was into CLF I would go to the first sifu.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL! That may be true. I don't know enough about CLF, honestly, to tell 'decent' from 'real darn good'. I just know there is at least one very well known teacher here, but I also know that doesn't necessarily equal quality. We have a very well known Hun-Gar sifu here and though I'm no expert, I would not take classes at his school. But if I was into CLF I would go to the first sifu.

It's cool... you probably know the sifu I'm talking about & he's A#1 good. Has a history of fighting & winning... in & out of the ring.

Latest Discussions