Office Christmas party

M

Melissa426

Office Christmas party tonight.
I am sure we'll have a fine time, but I got to let out a loud BAH HUMBUG about the whole dressing up part.

Panty hose... torture.

2 inch high heels... torture, especially since I have been doing TKD barefoot for 6 months

lipstick and lipliner that will get smeared after my first drink.... waste of time

mascara and eye make up that make my eyes itch after 30 minutes cause I am too cheap to buy the good hypo-allergenic stuff...torture

My dress and jewelry are nice and simple, which is good. I have to admit I smell lovely (Lolita by Tempicka...a gift from a good friend) but beyond that.
I'd much prefer to be in a sweatshirt and yoga pants.

OK, I'll quit whining now.

Peace,
Melissa

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My office is also my home workout room so no party there. Yeah, my high heel shoes don't fit width-wise either. I now have big feet. But, I do so love to dress up - I'm in jeans most of the time anymore! So I will bring the eggnog and rum or maybe a warm coffee and kahlua with a topping of whipped cream as heat seems to be important right now. TW

OP
E

Erik

Zepp said:
I often wonder if women wear the things they wear to fit the expectations of men,... or of other women.
They don't do it for us guys, that's for sure.

When's the last time a guy cared about a new haircut or new pair of pumps? Or even noticed?

We just like some curves showing and for her to appear clean and healthy and interesting (for me, that means educated, smart, travelled, and into other things than cosmetics and judging other people - other guys may like if they're into motorcycles).

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Zepp said:
I often wonder if women wear the things they wear to fit the expectations of men,... or of other women. :idunno:

Oh well. Have fun Melissa.
I think both, in general - just general expectations of what women should look like "dressing up".

I hate pantyhose, although I like tights in winter to help stay warm.

Good luck, Melissa.

But get the hypo-allergenic stuff next time! :) Itching is no fun.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Erik said:
They don't do it for us guys, that's for sure.

When's the last time a guy cared about a new haircut or new pair of pumps? Or even noticed?
lol - believe me, I've had male friends - straight male friends - critique me on what I was wearing, or looked like, many times before - even when dressed up to go out somewhere.

Not so much a haircut or pair of shoes, but on my general physique, or makeup choice, etc.

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don’t wear makeup much, but I have to admit....I do love to dress up for that special occasion, get to feel all girly and sexy...its a nice change from a sweaty Gi!

Im sure you will have a great time at your party...have a drink for me!

OP
N

ninjaboyelroy

"lol - believe me, I've had male friends - straight male friends - critique me on what I was wearing, or looked like, many times before - even when dressed up to go out somewhere."

Tell them they're losing their hair.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ninjaboyelroy said:
"lol - believe me, I've had male friends - straight male friends - critique me on what I was wearing, or looked like, many times before - even when dressed up to go out somewhere."

lmao - they're too sensitive for physical critiques!!!!

lol - it's a funny world....

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If it was for guys I'm sure it would be wearing a lot less. Sorry bad taste but couldn't resist. Don't kill me please

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
lmao - they're too sensitive for physical critiques!!!!

lol - it's a funny world....
Thanks for reminding me.

Years ago as a teenager, I had a conversation with a 21 year old guy. I'm not sure what the subject was, but it must be related to appearance because I recall feeling miffed by something he said (I didn't wear make up at all during high school). He was a college swimming [water polo] athlete with a big ego and I was on the high school track team (with probably an ego of my own also...). Anyway, I mentioned to him that he was getting rather thin around the head. You know what his reaction was? He literally ran to the nearest mirror to peer at his head. I thought it was hilarious.... This was the same guy who dressed up that same year on halloween as a female prostitute (with black fishnet stockings, black high heels, and skintight hot pink frilly teddy). [Imagine a 6'2" 170 lb blonde guy doing that....]

24 years later, he and I remained very good friends. He still shows up to the same parties I go. (No, he doesn't dress as outrageously now... I think his wife helped settle him down and get his head attached correctly).

- Ceicei

OP
M

Melissa426

ninjaboyelroy said:

Now that's funny! You ever know people who can dish it out , but can't take it? (by "it" I mean usually humorous and not mean-spirited critiques of their looks, political leaning, intelligence, whatever).

Yes, a good time was had by all.
I don't wear a lot of makeup usually, so when I do it's for a special occasion.

And yes, although I dress mainly to please my self, I absolutely don't mind if my appearance is pleasing to the male persuasion.

Peace,
Melissa

OP
E

Erik

Feisty Mouse said:
lol - believe me, I've had male friends - straight male friends - critique me on what I was wearing, or looked like, many times before - even when dressed up to go out somewhere.

Not so much a haircut or pair of shoes, but on my general physique, or makeup choice, etc.
Probably when something looks funny to them as opposed to questions of style or color preference.

I've always believe that the sexiest way for a woman to look is 1) intelligent, 2) healthy, and 3) socially confident.

I was a bouncer throughout college and grad school and believe me, I've seen LOTS of women out on the prowl in Europe and California.

The worst are 1) blatantly dumb chicks, 2) anorexic, fat, or sloppy physiques (good enough is good enough - don't need to be a fashion model to be sexy), and 3) scared and hostile chicks.

My advice (not that anyone asked) - what you wear is far less important than how you wear it. Poise and attitude count for 85%.

If you are enjoying yourself with just a little dignity you will light up a room!

Latest Discussions