now you see me now you don't

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
today in this high tech world it is very hard for people to have sealth. they have everything from motion lights to video cameras has this change the sealth training schools do? just wonder cause i was out side in the wood by my friends's house went out to scare him but when i did a motion light turn on and he seen me and laughed

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Modern stealth would mean being able to get around hi-tech stuff.

So Soon we will have script kiddies claiming black belts in ninjitsu ;)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its always been my take that a lot of the "Stealth" and "Invisibility" that they practiced, wasnt being unseen, it was being unnoticed.

See the difference?

So high-tech gizmos may not make that much difference, in most of those circumstances.

My take on it... The Ninja wasnt neccessarily sneaking past guards into camps and hiding behind a bush so he could overhear the plans of the enemy... she was working in the tea-house, diligently playing her role, and opening and closing the door, while keeping her ears open when she served the enemy in her disguise as a simple peasent serving girl.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Its always been my take that a lot of the "Stealth" and "Invisibility" that they practiced, wasnt being unseen, it was being unnoticed.
Hey!

No bringing reality into a Ninja discussion!

I want Hollywood style running around in black with smoke bombs and blow darts!

But yes, that is true. Modern "ninja" behaviour is people that just walk into a office in the middle of the work day, pick some stuff up and walk out, appearing casual and like that is what they are supposed to be doing and never getting so much as a double take.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You mean the smoke and the dissappearing ain't real?? Geepers any one want to by my Steven Hayes Books..

You want Stealth training?? Join the army

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You want Stealth training?? Join the army
Yeah, the USA Army death toll is like, 1400 sine last may or something like that. No thanks. I am draft registered. thats good enough.
Steven K. Hayes did a "neat" little Documentary on Discovery that was amusing, and for the most part, kinda true. He disguised himself as a cameraman/cleaner/handyman, etc and got the bad/good guy. The Navy SEALS just burst through the door and grabbed him. if it was a video game they woulda been blown up by wall mines. LOL.

as for the first post, one day me and my friend snuck over to the neighbor's and disabled/removed their security lights. it was fun.

A

AnimEdge

Was that hayes in the documentory? Some of that stuff though a bit interesting was a bit far fetched but hey who knows :p

I agree with Techno on the stealth aspect but in the "sneaking" around kind we do drills on in class which is amusing becouse everyones knees or feet pop :p thus giving us away :p, we manly go over the foot work of walking crawling going prone ect ect

Shinkengata

Green Belt
Reaction score
I used stealth to steal a certain type of plant(hehe) that someone in my neighborhood was growing when i was a young teen. Does that count for Ninjery Ninjaness?:ninja:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bah, Im one up on all of you,

I have my boss convinced i know what I am doing.

N

Nightstalker

I'd just throw ninja stars at the sensors and move in

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
AnimEdge said:
I posted links to the Videos on that site here a while back, Its a great concept, the problem with it is it requires a ton of external equipment set up ahead of time to facilitate the projection of the rear image onto the special cloth that is used to display the "invisibility"

It would be cool to have at the house for parties tho. And think of the application for scaring the hell out of rugrats at Halloween... It would make the ULTIMATE predator costume!

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
AnimEdge said:
I agree with Techno on the stealth aspect but in the "sneaking" around kind we do drills on in class which is amusing becouse everyones knees or feet pop :p thus giving us away :p, we manly go over the foot work of walking crawling going prone ect ect
That was the first part of class last night. Stupid cracking toes.

Shinkengata

Green Belt
Reaction score
I really don't think there's anything terribly mystical about straight forward stealth. It's just learning timing(when to move, when not to move), to keep quiet while walking on multiple types of terrain, use of cover and shadow for hiding, appropriate colored/patterned clothing, and things like that. Use of distractions, cover noises(a car driving by, machinery, etc..).

But that's just my opinion.

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am native american, and grew up hunting, mostly archery. to me, stealth is still about going unnoticed rather than unseen. I have had deer look right at me, and just not care. the reason? I had masked almost all odors of my human self , I didnt carry myself in a threatening manner, I didnt wear bright orange (deer arent completely colorblind, they can see orange) and I just didnt look like someone they should worry about. if you can blend into an evironment like you are supposed to be there, thats stealth.

Latest Discussions