Not a Kenpoist but...

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sigung LaBounty, a retired law enforcement officer, teaches "Surviving a knife attack" to law enforcement agencies in California, on a regular basis. He also teaches at our camps and seminars. He is one of the most senior ranking Kenpoist in America today who is greatly respected.

-Michael

silatman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I worked at an abbotoir for 5 years and during that time I saw and was involved in more death than anyone should be.
We used to kill beef and pigs and to look into the eyes of anything at THE moment of death is something that will haunt me forever.
I wont describe the feeling of cutting into warm, twitching flesh and hope never to again.

The best knife fight is the one your no where near.

Knarfan

Green Belt
Reaction score
Very good article ! The part about the dehumanization is so true , for those who have been unfortunate enough to have experianced this know exactly what he is talking about . Your emotions will stop you . The first step to suriving is to loose your emotion or dehumanize . Not an easy thing to do , to show apathy when you may be possibly taking another persons life , even if they are threatening yours ....

Knarfan

Green Belt
Reaction score
sayoc FF said:
Very good article ! The part about the dehumanization is so true , for those who have been unfortunate enough to have experianced this know exactly what he is talking about . Your emotions will stop you . The first step to suriving is to loose your emotion or dehumanize . Not an easy thing to do , to show apathy when you may be possibly taking another persons life , even if they are threatening yours ....
Just to clarify my previous post , I'm not saying that you will be acting with absolutly no emotion , but you will be altering or taking some of the emotion out of the equation . obviously fear is an emotion which will trigger your actions , but if you can't look past the emotional empathy that you feel for another human being , you probably won't be able to justify a response because of your emotional connection . Differant wording , similar meaning . Like the auther said , there has to be some sort of dehumanization .

Latest Discussions