newbie advice

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
out of curiosity, what advice would you all give to someone considering Muay Thai?

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by sercuerdasfigther
keep your hands up.
:rofl:

Its not for everybody, but you can grow to love it. Just don't let anyone intimidate you.

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You're considering it? My advice is to take it for 6 months and then decide if you want to stay. You will cover basics that are pretty boring as far as I'm concerned but around 6 months you should be sparring and doing advanced drills. Be patient to see if it's for you, I hate it when people join something and don't give it a chance not realising that it takes time to get good and do advanced work, people always want the quick fix. Be wary of cardio kick classes masquerading as Muay Thai!

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

P

pknox

Money spent on a really good mouthpiece is definitely worth it. ;)

S

soccer50

i have to aggree and disagree with damain mavis. he's right that the first 6 months is boring, but thats the condition period. its all basically the same stuff for 6 months and some ppl start to think MT is ********. but that 6 months is to build endurance. After the conditioning , work hard on your techniques. after your first fight, dont quit muay thai (most beginners tend to do that), come back and you'll notice the diffeence in your training. i cant explain but you'll see. trust me

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Attend a Chair Sirisute seminar. From what I hear, if you can survive that, you may be able to handle the rest of the training :)

Cthulhu

Latest Discussions