Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is the basic list:

Democrat:

1. Kerry 39%
2. Dean 26%
3. Clark 12%
4. Edwards 12% (Lost to Clark by only a small margine)
5. Liberman 9%
6. Kucinich 1%
7. Sharpton 1%

Republican List:

1. Bush 85%
2. Other 15%

What are your thoughts? Thoughts on the Democratic turnout?

How about the Republican turnout? The republicans are getting less media buzz right now, but I am interested in your thoughts. Does it worry Bush supporters that Bush lost 15%, when he is the current president? How many Republicans plan to vote for someone other then Bush? What Democratic canidate do you like? What democratic canidate do you think would have the hardest time in the general election?

Your thoughts?

PAUL:cool:

M

Mickey

If you look at the 85% being an approval rating just in the republican party. This is good.

There are Republicans and Democrats and Independants and Other parties.

Assuming that you get some of each group, this means you are pushing 50% or more of the votes or approval rating.

As to the Democrats, the fight is not over yet for any of them. And for those who are seriously interested in being a VP if they cannot be a President. This means that which block of votes they get and over all percentages could determine the choice for VP candidate, and it may not be the number two guy. Then again they could choose someone not running also.

Mick

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think the interesting question is who is going to be the Republican Vice Presidential Candidate. All of the propaganda I have seen has been "BUSH 04" ... not "BUSH / CHENEY 04".

I don't think Cheney ever really wanted the job. I think his health is an issue. I think Bush will want the number two on the ticket to be able to succeed him ... which Cheney will not.

One of the gossip columnists said to watch for Guiliani. Pataki was in New Hampshire this past weekend, stumping for Bush, and testing the waters for '08.

Is there anyone on the inside that could replace Cheney?

Things that make you go Hmmmm ... Mike

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by michaeledward
I think the interesting question is who is going to be the Republican Vice Presidential Candidate. All of the propaganda I have seen has been "BUSH 04" ... not "BUSH / CHENEY 04".

I don't think Cheney ever really wanted the job. I think his health is an issue. I think Bush will want the number two on the ticket to be able to succeed him ... which Cheney will not.

One of the gossip columnists said to watch for Guiliani. Pataki was in New Hampshire this past weekend, stumping for Bush, and testing the waters for '08.

Is there anyone on the inside that could replace Cheney?

Things that make you go Hmmmm ... Mike

Colin Powell?

Hmmm?

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
>>Colin Powell?

I think he would be a bold choice, but I don't think he would accept. As I re call, he didn't want to run for president 3 years ago, or 7 years ago, why would he change his mind now.

I think also, that Powell had intended to resign if Bush won re-election. I imagine he has to feel slighted about the neo-cons controlling the actions of the administration. You'll recall the story broke about him intending to quit, and a couple of days later he denied that he would leave. I think this shows that he is a good soldier, not just following orders, but showing extreme loyalty to his superior. If Bush is re-elected, now I think Powell will stay on as Secretary of State until he is asked to leave.

As the Vice President is usually the party's candidate when the president is 'term-limited' out of a job. I can't see Powell as the right choice.

When thinking about who on the inside might replace Cheney, my first thought had actually been Condi Rice. The president bestows a great deal of faith in her. But then I remembered, that the person is next in line ...As a country, we may be ready for an African American as president, or we may be ready for a woman president ... I'm not sure the country is ready for an African American woman ... and I am even more sure the Republican Party is not ready for that.

As I review the current cabinent (and president Bush is very loyal, so I think it likely that this is where the first consideration would be) I think perhaps Tom Ridge; a republican from Pennsylvania, a former governor. As long as there are no more attacks on US soil, Ridge gets credit for that.

Also, Tommy Thompson, secretary of Health and Human Services. Again, a republican from a normally democratic state (Wisconsin, right?).

Lastly, would be Don Evans, secretary of Commerce.

I dont' know that any of these people would be a strong choice, but they might be the logical choice. After consideration, I started thinking about possible VP's from outside the current adminstration; three names that were easy to hear about were Guiliani, Pataki, and Romney. I'm sure there are others .... but I'll be watching.

Hmmm.... Mike

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I really f-in hope Juliani doesn't run for Vice President. THat would be my worse nightmare. I am hoping that this election the american people will realize that the emporer isn't wearing any clothes. With Juliani on the Vice President ticket, I am afraid that too many americans will become intoxicated on patriotism, impairing their judgement, making them the logical equivelents of Haitian zombies. Everyone will be flag waving and yelling cool catch phrases that have little to do with any canidate, like "Support our troops" and "remember 9-11" as they swagger into the booth like drunken frat boys to punch their chads for "Bush/Juliani," only to wake up the next morning screaming and trying to escape the motel with their pants around there ankles. The american people would wake up the next morning like the Frat boy finding out that not only did he sleep with the fat chick last night, but the chick was actually a man, and he got married to him, and he/she won't sign the divorce papers for at least 4 years, and insists on spending all the money, running up debt, trashing the house, making him lose his job, and getting him into fights with his neightbors in the mean time.

Bottom line: Juliani has a media presence. Hell, I even like the guy when he gets on TV. His pressence gives me temporary abnesia to the fact that he supported Bush and mayor Bloomberg of NYC. The sad thing is, however, if you ask ANYONE if they think Juliani would make a good president or VP, most will say "Yes!" Then if you ask them why, you get to first watch them stumble over their own words, trying to reach for a reason, when the only thing they will come up with is, "I like the way he handled 9-11." Then you get to ask some critical questions like, "What did he do to handle 9-11? What did he do to benefit the City while he was mayor? .....Really, you say Crime went down while he was in office; what policies was he responsable for that helped crime to go down?" etc. etc. etc. 9 out of 10 people (7 of 10 if they live in New York) who think he'd be a wonderful President or VP won't know answers to critical questions, and the only justification they'll be able to give is that they liked his media pressence after 9-11. Well, hey... Beyonce's Media Presence 'makes me so crazy in love', but I don't think she'd make a good President. :rolleyes:

And...you know what!? My long rant is not even a crack on Juliani. It's a crack on our fat, lazy, egotistical, media driven society. Here's a good idea America, if someone asks you a question that you don't know the answer too, try simply saying, "Gee...I don't know....maybe I'll look into that!" So, when someone says "Do you think Juliani would make a good President?" and you don't really know anything about him outside his "Media Pressence", try answering it with honesty..., "I am not sure, I'd have to see what his plans are if he were to get elected, and I'd have to learn more about his past history."

There....no was that so hard. :soapbox:

pete

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey Paul, i hope Juliani, whoever he is, stays home to and leaves the veep ticket open for Rudy Guiliani. Living and working in NY before during and after Mayor Guilani's tenure qualifies me to say the quality of life was vastly improved by his tough stances on crime, city services, economic development, and yes, education. and this is coming from a registered democrat. I'll support Mr Guiliani on either ticket... he was on the liberal ballot, if you didn't know that.
pete