new guy

lefty eskrimador

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a newbie here, having just found this forum on the Internet. I've been involved with martial arts for 34 years, and Inayan Eskrima for 30 of those years. I currently teach a small group in Fort Wayne, Indiana, but am hoping to expand soon. Just wanted to say hi to everyone here.

Kim (don't let the name fool you, I'm a guy)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT..Thank you for clarifying your gender..It saves a lot of embarassment, usually for me... LOL

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a newbie here, having just found this forum on the Internet. I've been involved with martial arts for 34 years, and Inayan Eskrima for 30 of those years. I currently teach a small group in Fort Wayne, Indiana, but am hoping to expand soon. Just wanted to say hi to everyone here.

Welcome.

A # of us here train in Balintawak and Modern Arnis here in Michigan. Contact us if your ever in the Detroit or Flint area! :)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another Hoosier FMAer! Excellent! I'm in Terre Haute.

Wasn't Dan Inosanto just up that way a couple of weekends ago?

OP
L

lefty eskrimador

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all,
First time I checked in on this forum in a while, sorry.

My wife is originally from Flint, and I'm only a few hours fro Detroit, if I'm ever in the area, I'll definitely get in touch.

Dan is in this area a lot, he is here once or twice a year at Keith Wetoskey's Academy in Waterloo, and pops into Indy frequently.

Kim

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! :wavey:

And don't worry about the white belt - that's related to the number of posts you've made, and has nothing to do with your actual rank in any MAs you're involved in.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hi all,

A "newbie" with 34 years of experience. Gotta love it! It's great to have a "voice of experience" posting. I'd like to know more about the Inayan system. --Did attend a seminar with Jon Ward once. BTW do you post much over on FMA Talk (another good forum, 99% Troll free)?

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome back we are glad to have you here!
icon6.gif

OP
L

lefty eskrimador

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all,
Thanks so much for the warm welcome. Yep, I also post over on FMA talk, and also on the Inayan Forum (www.inayan.com/forums). What would you like to know about the Inayan system? Ask away, I'll try to answer as best I can, and if I can't, I know most of the Inayan family, I can refer you to someone who can answer. BTW, Jon Ward is a great guy, I've known him on-line for years, and he's a fantastic source of Inayan info.

Kim

A "newbie" with 34 years of experience. Gotta love it! It's great to have a "voice of experience" posting. I'd like to know more about the Inayan system. --Did attend a seminar with Jon Ward once. BTW do you post much over on FMA Talk (another good forum, 99% Troll free)?

Latest Discussions