My Niece

Mekosho

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you folks know, my niece, Sam, will trying out for the Pan-Am games in April...Sam is a 3rd dan in Shotokan under Mark Pinner in Tampa, Florida...She has competed most of her life, traveling the country to various tournements! She started her training at approx. 4-5 years old and has stuck with it for 19-20 years now....
Anyways, I just mwanted to take a moment to say "GO SAMMI"!

Seabrook

Black Belt
Reaction score
Mekosho said:
Just wanted to let you folks know, my niece, Sam, will trying out for the Pan-Am games in April...Sam is a 3rd dan in Shotokan under Mark Pinner in Tampa, Florida...She has competed most of her life, traveling the country to various tournements! She started her training at approx. 4-5 years old and has stuck with it for 19-20 years now....
Anyways, I just mwanted to take a moment to say "GO SAMMI"!

I am sure she must be a great competitor.

Just wondering, who is allowed to try out for such an event? I have a female black belt who is one of the top rated competitors in Canada. She may have an interest.

Thanks,

Jamie Seabrook
www.seabrook.gotkenpo.com

OP
M

Mekosho

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Good question...I called her dad and he said one has to be invited to try out for the U.S. team and that is done thru the AAU and that Canada has thier own version of that (the AAU that is) and you should check in with them for further info...Good Luck!

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
GO SAMMI!

Girls named Sam in big Kenpo competitions.... hmmmm.... for some reason that's just a really good thought...

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Go Sammi!!!

I hope she has a great time and does as well as she can.

You must be very proud. :)

Latest Discussions