Muay Thai Contender!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder that Muay Thai The Contender is on tonight at 10 pm Eastern time on Spike! So far the series has been pretty enjoyable to watch.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My only real complaint is that I wish they would just show the rounds realtime, without all the editing and slo-mo for some hits. If there was a great strike, show the compilation of strikes between rounds or after the fight. If we don't see the actual fight, it makes me think that it would be to easy to fix a decision for 'the good of the show'.

The big mouths that kind of rub me the wrong way have been beaten. Overall, I've enjoyed the show and even the challenges are interesting.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My only real complaint is that I wish they would just show the rounds realtime, without all the editing and slo-mo for some hits. If there was a great strike, show the compilation of strikes between rounds or after the fight. If we don't see the actual fight, it makes me think that it would be to easy to fix a decision for 'the good of the show'.

The big mouths that kind of rub me the wrong way have been beaten. Overall, I've enjoyed the show and even the challenges are interesting.

I am with you in that I would like to see the rounds real time. That is my only beef with the show.

Oh and it is not on Spike but Vs.
icon6.gif

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What happened to Contender Asia? I realized my DVR hadn't recorded an episode in a while so I checked around the listings and couldn't find it. Did Spike completely drop it part way through the season, or is it on hold until TUF season is over?

TommyMT

White Belt
Reaction score
Is it just me or is "The contender Asia" and "The contender Muay Thai" the exact same show?

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've been missing these. Wonder if there's any chance they'll crank them out on dvd or at least rerun the full series.
How does it compare to previous Contenders?

David

Latest Discussions