More E-Training

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've experimented with this concept but found it to be very expensive compared to the $7.50 a month (& $12.50 a month after I raised it trying to make it pay for itself) than what it was really worth on a small scale like I had.

Recently, there were two schools (Cesar Gracie BJJ & Kosho Ryu) that were harsly bashed for using this concept. Now it seems another well known BJJ school is offering E-Training. This time with possible certification!

Be recognized as a student under Jean Jacques Machado, one of the most renown and respected names in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu / submission grappling.
Potential for advancement in belt rank. Jean Jacques has set very stringent requirements, similar to his academy students. But your effort and dedication to the program and your jiu jitsu may earn you an opportunity to receive an accolade held in high regard by the grappling community.
http://www.jeanjacquesmachado.com/onlinetraining/

Is this concept here to stay and will it be respected?

thescottishdude

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think online learning will become better and more widly used. i do think that you'll need to have done martial arts in the past though to use it.

Blogs (like mine!) and forums like this one are also a form of online learning.

OP
James Kovacich

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. I tried from a very basic approach but the skill level was so low of the participants who claimed for example that they had a year experience in a traditional martial art.

High tech wise I can handle it. Excluding all the free media out there like skype and such, just the fact that we have video email attached to our cell phone allows us to communicate at any time from nearly anywhere.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Promotions in a sport based system don't seem that far fetched IMO. If a person learns online and is able to compete at a given level, then giving them that rank without any "proper" instruction doesn't seem like much of a stretch to me.

Latest Discussions