Moods

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Now I am not a moody person but lately with the weather going back and forth from 20 degrees to 80 degrees within the same week.. this has indeed wreaked havoc with my moods. Is it just me or is anyone else dealing with this? I have seen my peers acting out too in class. Not necessarily a bad mood.. just way different from the norm. Is it weather related or maybe Lunar or even Solar with all the astral goings on. I've been 'bored' to all get out lately too, Nothing holding my interest for any length of time. This too, I've noticed affecting other people. Any ideas?

M

MartialArtsChic

The weather here has been flipping around too. Today it's supposed to be in the 70's - it's gorgeous outstide. It's supposed to drop to 38 by Sat. It hasn't really affected my moods, per se, but I have been bored a little more then usual. Pro'lly the continual up/down/up/down of the temp. wrecking havoc. If you're noticing other people doing it, chances are it's "something in the air" and not just you. But then again........

:D

Lorrie

ABN

Green Belt
Reaction score
Maybe a combination of things? Wierd weather combined with DST (fall backward)? I always get a little out of whack for the first couple of weeks following DST. It seems strange to see it getting darker so much earlier, etc.

There's actually a disorder linked to the changing of seasons now, Seasonal Affective Disorder I think it's called...something else to be medicated for...

andy

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think it's a Funk.. Yeah that's the word *G* Sure isn't a lack of sunshine here.. it's gorgeous out~!!
Course that will change in a day or so ...
One more disorder.. that's all the world needs.. sheesh.. ~!!

E

Eggman

thats why i live in miami, what does 20 degrees look like on a thermometer anyway?

M

MartialArtsChic

Originally posted by Eggman
thats why i live in miami, what does 20 degrees look like on a thermometer anyway?

Awww, man, you little stinker!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. Rub it in.

Tell you what, go stick your head in the freezer for a little while then you may be able to get a feel for what some of us go through in the winter months! :rofl:

Lorrie

oldnewbie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hey! Us Floridians get winter too... last 'bout two weeks... but hey we get it!!!! (fourty degrees is freezin' !!!)

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'll tell ya, the weather here in California went nuts over Halloween week(end). Up until the Hallowed weekend the temps were in the 80's to 90's, maybe pushing 100's in other places in the state. This didn't help the fires with the Santa Ana's blowing:mad: .

Then on the 31st, the rains came pouring down, and by 8pm, the skies cleared and the temps dropped down to at least 50*. Now talk about being put in a serious funk. That whole day threw me out of whack, plus I had to work in that stuff:soapbox: .

Now, it's just getting too cold for my liking. Boy sure do miss the island during this time of year:( .

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This native Western NY'r moved to Florida back in '97 and I was miserable~!!! Going from the 4 seasons to one and a 1/2 season put me outta total whack~! Temps..90 degrees day after day after day.. When it hite 50 in the dead of winter and people were wearing coats.. I was flabbergasted.. that was what it went down to in July in NY *G*
When we moved to WV a few years later.. I was soo much happier~!!! I think when you're raised in the seasonal change.. it's difficult for most to adapt to the south..
Granted.. this strange 80s this week dropping to 40s come the weekend is fluky.. and I'm not liking it one bit~!

M

MartialArtsChic

Rainy and crappy here today. Snow showers Fri./Sat. This bites the big one! It does mess w/you.

Florida is great for visits and to get away and stuff, I'm just too acclimated to all seasons to be able to be there all year round.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, keep the snow showers elsewhere. I enjoy my job, but when the weather gets nasty with snow and ice 18 wheels stops having any appeal at all. This year I've had my run changed and am now running over Sandstone mountain and Flat-top mountain 5 nights a week. I'm most definetly not looking forward to the snow and ice this year.:mad:

T

TheRustyOne

Rain messes me up. I get so moody during crappy weather. And during winter because to me, the season isn't perfect without snow. Instead, we get cold + rain. Bleh.

I get pretty grumpy by the end of the day after all my classes, and dealing with stupid people on campus. It'll only get worse next semester. Thankfully, a healthy dose of seeing people i wuv like a family (Tess, Seig, an' all the other wahoos at the school), I feel so much better.

And dealing with the BS from dad (two stubborn people locking horns we are) gets me in a bad mood, too.

as for SAD, I know of someone who's been diagnosed with it, but is dealing with it w/out the aid of drugs. She's doin pretty well w/ it.

< !--end random babble-- >

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Im moody all the time.

I dont think the weather affects me.

I just alternate between sad and angry, and then throw in some random happiness from time to time. I just spend a lot of time being "Not serious" to CAMOFLAGE my behavior, cuz people dislike people who are in a bad mood all the time.

Oddly, I dont think I have a chemical imbalance that causes this... I am just a sad sort of boy.

Latest Discussions