Mmmmm, food...

Dalum

Green Belt
Reaction score
So I was reading the description of this part of the forum and saw that it did say something about discussion of food. Being Filipino, I have had my share of cuisine. I've got some faves and ones that I refuse to eat.

Pancit Palabok
Tocino
Longaniza

Dislikes:
Dinuguan
Balut

Anyone else been there and done that? What are yours faves?

OP
Dalum

Dalum

Green Belt
Reaction score
Marvin said:
my favorite P.I. foods
Lumpia
Chicken and pork adobo

Balut... :barf: :barf: :barf:
No thanks

I forgot about lumpia! I'm glad that others don't like balut too. Nasty...

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dalum said:
I forgot about lumpia! I'm glad that others don't like balut too. Nasty...

lol A few of us plan on trying balut real soon. Looks yummy! ;)

If your ever in Troy, MI "Taste of Manila" is a good grocery store for imports. If you come in the afternoon they have a whole bunch of stuff cooked up and you can eat lunch. I don't know what it is all called, but it is tasty. By far the best food I had was at an anniversary; once again no idea what anything was called though....

Paul

OP
Dalum

Dalum

Green Belt
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
lol A few of us plan on trying balut real soon. Looks yummy! ;)

If your ever in Troy, MI "Taste of Manila" is a good grocery store for imports. If you come in the afternoon they have a whole bunch of stuff cooked up and you can eat lunch. I don't know what it is all called, but it is tasty. By far the best food I had was at an anniversary; once again no idea what anything was called though....

Paul

Balut? It's all you buddy! :)

Can you describe the other stuff? I could try to give you a name. (Oh yeah! I forgot Lechon too! Mmmmmm... Yummy!) Taste of Manila, huh? I think a road trip is in order. Just not on that horrible night I was down there last Saturday. The roads were slick and horrible. :(

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK...I just ate there last night. Still don't know what the F to call it, but I'll describe some of what I have had so far (not all in one sitting though of course)...

1. Chicken with sauce and veggies and potatoes (had pork the same way)
2. Pork cooked in blood. (had beef the same way)
3. Beef and onion dish.
4. Tofu and sprouts
5. homemade egg rolls
6. A whole fish, fried (you eat the bones and everything).
7. Fried bannana (had a candy like coating too it).

8. Didn't have this at the food market, but I have had a really good noodle dish that was extremely tasty that is worth mentioning. It was kind of spicy and had chicken in it I believe.

Haven't tried anything I haven't liked yet. Maybe someone can tell me the names of what I have had so far?

:)

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dalum said:
Balut? It's all you buddy! :)

Can you describe the other stuff? I could try to give you a name. (Oh yeah! I forgot Lechon too! Mmmmmm... Yummy!) Taste of Manila, huh? I think a road trip is in order. Just not on that horrible night I was down there last Saturday. The roads were slick and horrible. :(

Maybe you can describe the dishes you names as well...?

Gulo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
2. Pork cooked in blood. (had beef the same way)

Haven't tried anything I haven't liked yet. Maybe someone can tell me the names of what I have had so far?

Dinugoan
usually eated with Puto(rice cake)

Jagermeister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I thought this thread might have something to do with the MF Doom album. Guess not. :)

Latest Discussions