Mitose Entry on Wikipedia

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
While Wikipedia is not the most scholarly source and not always to be trusted, I think the article is going to upset both camps (the supporters and detractors of Mitose. It seemed more balanced than most of what I've seen on him.

kelly keltner

Black Belt
Reaction score
It's not a bad entry although not entirely acurate. The part about Motabu being his uncle has pretty much been debunked, and Mount Kinkai on Kyushu is pretty much been proven to be where he was from. All in all not a bad entry just not entirely acurate.

kk

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
kelly keltner said:
It's not a bad entry although not entirely acurate. The part about Motabu being his uncle has pretty much been debunked, and Mount Kinkai on Kyushu is pretty much been proven to be where he was from. All in all not a bad entry just not entirely acurate.

kk

So fix it ;)

That's the beauty of Wiki's :)

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ray said:
I think the article is going to upset both camps (the supporters and detractors of Mitose. It seemed more balanced than most of what I've seen on him.

Agreed, which what would make it a pretty decent article.

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A lot of it sounds like made up garbage......a lot of the same old stories.
i changed the part about motobu being his uncle.......that was just wishful thinking on the part of some of the earlier students trying justify certain aspects.

OP
Jeff Boler

Jeff Boler

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The author is a student of William Durbin, which should explain alot of theories that are mentioned.

kelly keltner

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm not that familiar with WIKIPEDIA so I am not sure how to "fix it".
You are correct as far as I know there are no direct records saying that Mitose lived at that temple. However there are records showing that Mitose's family was one of the three main clans that surrounded the mountain that the temple sits on. My understanding was that they actually owned the land that the temple sits on. I would have to do a little more reserarch to clarify that particular point.

kk

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
kelly keltner said:

kk

The entry stated both, that Motobu was a myth, and that Mt. Akenkai was probably Mt. Kinkai. So I assume someone has fixed it!

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
KenpoDave said:
The entry stated both, that Motobu was a myth, and that Mt. Akenkai was probably Mt. Kinkai. So I assume someone has fixed it!

i changed the part about the whole uncle business. there is a bunch of other stuff i would change, but for the most part, whatever is written by people who didnt know the man is purely myth or speculation and will probably remain so for a long time.

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i would also like to add that i have never, in any of my reading seen it referred to as Mt. Akenkai.
i wonder where people come up with this stuff?

Latest Discussions