Mind-Reading Device Sends Twitter Messages

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is so cool! :

Twitter messages are so short - a 140-character limit - that you have to really think about what you want to say.
For Adam Wilson, thinking is all he has to do.

Earlier this month, Wilson thought of a tweet (the name for a post to the social networking site) and poof, his computer read his mind and sent the darn thing. At just 23 characters, Wilson's message, "using EEG to send tweet," was done with a computer setup that interprets brain waves.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That will, as the article mentions, be a god-send to people with ALS or paralysis or Parkinson's or even autism ... any severe problem with communication.

Amazing and disturbing at the same time as one can almost always fortell the potential for abuse of such a device.

OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
That will, as the article mentions, be a god-send to people with ALS or paralysis or Parkinson's or even autism ... any severe problem with communication.

Amazing and disturbing at the same time as one can almost always fortell the potential for abuse of such a device.

I think we're a ways from that-it requires a conscious effort to select the characters......what you're talking about will probably happen eventually, though.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think we're a ways from that-it requires a conscious effort to select the characters......what you're talking about will probably happen eventually, though.
So for now, it's not for dyslexics?

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This doesn't suprise me, though it is truly amazing to be alive when this technology begins to become a reality.

Many futurists predict that the human race will slowly but inevitably become fully integrated with the technology that we interact with in our daily lives over the centuries to come.

The end product may end up something like the Borg from StarTrek. Whether or not we are as evil as they is only a matter of the decisions we make.

I don't think becoming a cyborg would make me any less human, and I'm certainly up for it.

In addition to my mind reading computer I want laser eyes and wings so I can fly.

-Rob

Latest Discussions