Military Application of Jump Kicks

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
dosandojang said:
:) for Master Clay. (I was 5811/5816 USMC MP, SRT TM LDR)

I have to agree with the current day military types: Very few practical uses for jumping/flying kicks in modern tactics/warfare:

1. Air Burst explosives/machine gun fire dictate low profile work. I think that is why so many military types are buying into the grappling stuff or the standard takedown finish of basic techniques.

2. Fatigue/formation: In a firearms/maneuver warfare environment, troops are moving alot and the chance of injury in the one timer or repeated landings from jump/flying techniques would increase the already high risk of injury. Plus, you could get behind or too far ahead of a formation in the attempt. Grenades, firearms, call for fire, waiting, formation integrity seem to be the standards of the day.

3. With the possible shift to peacekeeping/non combative contact these types of techniques would seem as abusive/excessive as the Rodney King business if it was observed. THere are more effective technological/technical/tactical choices that get the job done without furthering the already existing perception of brutallity by LEO/Combatives operators.