Microsoft officially owns the double-click

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I read this. It's insane. Remember when peole used to joke that they owned the bits 0 and 1?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
...jeez...hmmm...let me look around my house to see what I can patent....

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Shesulsa, make sure you send in your royalty payment to google then (or is it amazon, i forget), since you're "searching" for things to patent... :D

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, that does it. I'm gonna patent my own little self defense system and demand royalties everytime some one punches, kicks, chokes or other wise attacks/defends using any part of their body. :erg:

OP
T

TonyM.

Well it could quite possibly be the most funtional thing they've ever invented, and like their memory hog program it's redundant.

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
That's totally ridiculous. I'm almost sure that I've seen PDA programs designed to do this -- launch different programs using the same few hardware buttons depending on how they're clicked. I guess all those authors are going to be sued or forced to deleted their programs or something. Maybe I should go download as many of them as possible now in case I want to use them in the future. Sheesh. I'm almost amazed that they'd let someone patent something that's been in use (albeit in a slightly different medium) for a long time already.

Latest Discussions