Maybe New Toy

9mm+p+

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Local gunshop has a Sig 220. It's used but excellent to new condition. It is however 9MM. I'd only seen 220's as 45's and in fact have one. I also have the 226 in 9MM. I'd never trad a double column for a single but either 220 just fit my hand better than the 226. Has anyone seen a 220 chambered for 9MM. He only has one magazine for it and was unable to find any in catalogs he was using. I'm guessing this is a pistol that's several years old and mags won't be currently listed. I'm wonderig how hard they will be to come by. They basically look like 45 Sig 220 mags with a grove down each side to let 9MM's in but keep 45's out. It's got the older black checkered plastic grips but aftermarket will fit it. Sights are conventional with rear bar and front dot. Very smooth action, I'd just never seen 220's in anything but 45 ACP. Any info welcomed. Thanks

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good call on Ebay for magazines. At least this sig doesn't have the issues with the hi-capacity clips the glock 19 had.

I'm jealous, that's such a fun little gun.

lenatoi

Green Belt
Reaction score
Gun shows are a great place to find good deals on all sorts of mags.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BTW, the P220 also comes chambered in the .38 Super as well. It's a fun gun to shoot in any of the three calibers.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
beau_safken said:
Good call on Ebay for magazines. At least this sig doesn't have the issues with the hi-capacity clips the glock 19 had.

I'm jealous, that's such a fun little gun.
To what issues are you referring?

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
kenpotex said:
To what issues are you referring?

eBay policy.

No magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds may be sold.

At first I thought it was simply a knee-jerk reaction to the Assault Weapons ban that has since expired in 2004, but they still cling to that policy, and even transferred over that policy to PayPal when they bought them out.

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Grenadier said:
eBay policy.

No magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds may be sold.

At first I thought it was simply a knee-jerk reaction to the Assault Weapons ban that has since expired in 2004, but they still cling to that policy, and even transferred over that policy to PayPal when they bought them out.

Paypal also put a stop to firearm and some firearm related transactions, so be careful buying and selling through private parties like in classifieds. People still do it...they just creative in the item description.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love all my Sigs...There is a catalog out there called CheaperThanDirt, I've seen it once and they seem to have magazines for ANYTHING...A Google search could also help...

OP

9mm+p+

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've got their catalog, I'll have to look. I just like the feel of 220's. I keep trying new grips on my 226 but not quite there yet. Thanks

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have you tried the "Houge" slip on rubber grip..Never used it on a Sig, had one on the department issued Baretta and it made a difference...

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Latest Discussions