Martial arts student makes arrest

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.muswellbrookchronicle.co...artial-arts-student-makes-arrest/1526763.aspx

At about 11.30am on Tuesday Alan Bridge and his partner were walking under the Subway when they saw a young man assaulting an older man, believed to be in his late fifties.
Mr Bridge, a martial arts student of St Alban’s Ministry Centre, immediately climbed up the Subway to reach and secure the offender with an arm bar – martial arts restraint move – around his head preventing him from moving.
It was then that Hunter Valley Police stepped in and arrested the man.
Mr Bridge said the policeman thanked him and arrested the offender.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow. Not bad for a white belt with three weeks training!
icon14.gif

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Outstanding!

But what do you think about this:
Mr Eadie said the martial arts classes teach students the ethical principles to help others in the community.

Do you think he would have helped the old guy out otherwise?

I know many or the "norms" that I encounter think that only violent folks with anger issues study martial arts. LOL They think it's all about violence.

ACJ

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Wait. An arm bar around his head? Do they just mean a headlock or what?

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wait. An arm bar around his head? Do they just mean a headlock or what?

Based on the pic in the article where he demonstrates it... it appears to be a key lock, or what I have heard some refer to as a figure-4-arm lock. I'm sure there are other, more traditional names for it.

ACJ

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Based on the pic in the article where he demonstrates it... it appears to be a key lock, or what I have heard some refer to as a figure-4-arm lock. I'm sure there are other, more traditional names for it.

oh right cool, didn't see the pic.

Latest Discussions