MA and Science

M

Martial_Maniac

Hi. In my MA class, on our b-day we palm out candles on a cupcake (the cupcake is mostly so the younger students feel acknowledged and palming out the candle is mostly for the older students to show our skill so far). I can palm out the candle no problem, so im not worried about it, but I have a science project due this month where we find science in everyday activities. I was thinking it would be cool to do mine on the science in getting the flame to go out using a palm strike only. I just want to know your opinion, suggestions,etc. Thanks.

OP
M

Martial_Maniac

I know it is not that scientific, but im only in the 8th grade and need evidence of me doing the activity, and I dont think i could balance on spears, beds of nails, etc. lol

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Martial_Maniac said:
I know it is not that scientific, but im only in the 8th grade and need evidence of me doing the activity, and I dont think i could balance on spears, beds of nails, etc. lol
Sound cool, and different, bet no one else would do something like that. Your evidence will probably be you demonstrating the technique to the judges, when they come around.

OP
M

Martial_Maniac

Hand Sword said:
Sound cool, and different, bet no one else would do something like that. Your evidence will probably be you demonstrating the technique to the judges, when they come around.
It would be awesome, and probably earn me an A, but im not planning on risking my life for a class im already doing good in.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Martial_Maniac said:
It would be awesome, and probably earn me an A, but im not planning on risking my life for a class im already doing good in.
Are you referring to the exposure to your classmates of your skills, and then having to prove yourself, when others want to try you out? If so, I, and probably alot of others on here would agree with you. A thread had this topic discussed, your better off keeping your skills quiet, for a surprise if needed. Good luck on whatever you do!!!

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hand Sword said:
Are you referring to the exposure to your classmates of your skills, and then having to prove yourself, when others want to try you out? If so, I, and probably alot of others on here would agree with you. A thread had this topic discussed, your better off keeping your skills quiet, for a surprise if needed. Good luck on whatever you do!!!
I have to agree.......go look for something else for science....

However, the link I gave you was not about you doing it, but expalining to you it is not a mysterious skill, but physics behind it.

Latest Discussions