Looking for a resort property?

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mr. Nielsen is selling an entire town, Kitsault, B.C., to be exact, and the asking price is $7-million. For that price, the buyer gets not only 92 houses perched on a mountain's edge in a tranquil ocean inlet, nestled in a dense evergreen forest and surrounded by coastal mountain vistas, but also:

Seven apartment buildings, containing 210 suites;

One fully equipped hospital, with a never-used X-ray machine;

Two recreation centres, complete with a swimming pool, gym, hot tub, racquetball courts, library, theatre, curling rink and Maple Leaf pub;

A brand-new shopping mall that includes facilities for a liquor store, bank, post office and several specialty stores;

More than 80 hectares of wilderness, including roughly one kilometre of beach.

The town, about 140 kilometres northeast of Prince Rupert, has been abandoned since the nearby molybdenum mine closed in 1982. After a series of mergers, Kitsault ended up in the hands of U.S. copper giant Phelps Dodge Corp., and the company has decided to put the whole place up for sale
from this article.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i say we pool our resources and purchase it as a martial talk training compound...i can see the possibilities now

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
kitsault1985.jpg

G

Gary Crawford

Yep, Kaith should buy it! He could make it the Shoalin West Temple.

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Or use it to have a secret base. Then there will be a place to hold a martial arts competetion from. And other stuff from enter the dragon. But I don't think kaith would like miising a hand very much.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
damn....I wanna own a town...lord...only $7 million...a single house in Hollywood costs more than that....

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gosh, we all think alike. A martial arts community. All right there! We could finally decide who's the best or get the snot beaten out of us. But it sounds really neat. Not toooooo cold there right? Nothing like the 40 below we get here.

Sigh, I just want the old Walmart in town. Been sitting there with the blue red paint just perfect and empty for two years. That would make a great Taekwondo Center. Complete with jacuzzi, library, lounge, locker room, equipment store, weight and machines room plus all the forms room we could possibly want. Its only 1 million.... So the whole town sounds like a steal. Yeah, Kaith, 3000 members times.... TW

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
flatlander said:

How do you get there? Only by Boat up the river or coast line? Are there major road ways? or what is the nearest airport. Helo pads can be built easier ;).

I need to know in case I win that Lotto ;) :rofl:

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
to hell with the pub...we need to put a pawn shop next to that liquor store...then we'll make our $$$.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe, we all could do a timeshare thing...go in and out like destination Hawaii. TW

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
with 92 houses and 210 apartment rooms...we could all fit...hell, I'll sleep in the pool...I don't take up much space and don't breathe much air...

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
Here's a question: Will it have legalized gambling? If it did, Bob could make all his money from betting on all the ridiculous "this style vs. that style" arguments that could finally get taken to the mat.

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Tell y'll what just as soon as I win the lottoI'll buy it... Now I just need to go start buying tickets. Bah I'm to lazy which is good for once.