Liddell vs Jardine

TheArtofDave

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I was checking out mmanews.com the other day, and one of the threads on the site mentioned that Chuck Liddel would like to fight Keith Jardine.

This I think would be a great match up for both fighters. Any thoughts on how you see this one going if it happens?

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I think it could be a very interesting fight. Though I would put my money on Liddell.
icon6.gif

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It would be a re-match wouldn't it? I believe they already fought once and Jardine won a decision, which I didn't agree with.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It would be a re-match wouldn't it? I believe they already fought once and Jardine won a decision, which I didn't agree with.

How did u not agree with that decision? Even Chuck agreed that he lost.

Jardine's unorthodox fighting style got to Chuck and had problems with it. I really could careless if they fought for a second time. It's not like Jardine is at the top of the ladder or something. If they had a rematch now it would be for Chuck to prove that first time was just a fluke.

OP
TheArtofDave

TheArtofDave

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I can honestly say I wasn't aware that they had fought before. I'll have to catch up what I missed. While I do like to see Liddell fight, I may have to go with Jardine again. But if a rematch happens it should be worth watching provided if its set up for a good time.

ChadWarner

Green Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Liddell was taken apart by Mr. Jardine. Unfortunatley Liddell did not use takedowns or kick he just stood there and boxed and was kicked. In todays ufc the successful fighter uses what he can to win not necessarily what he is best at or what he has used to dominate in the past. I think Chuck should retire and go out on the winning side before his body gets damaged. He was a great champion but his style is too easy to pick apart nowadays.