Lesbian is voted Homecoming King

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
FREDERICK, Md. - Hood College is reviewing its homecoming rules after a lesbian was crowned king, a college official says.But Jennifer Jones, the 21-year-old senior who beat out three men for the honor, says her victory last month was a plus for the private liberal-arts college.
"It is cool that Hood allows people to be themselves," Jones, of Newark, Del., told The Frederick News-Post. "If people didn't want me to be king, they wouldn't have nominated me and voted for me."

Full Article

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cool!

Im heading out to be a Girl Scout tomorrow!

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My alma mater voted a man to be homecoming queen and the administration banned the ceremoney and discontinued all future homecoming royalty voting because of the controversy it caused. Needless to say, I won't be donating any money any time soon.

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This type of news story demands a picture.

And I couldn't find one. Idiot journalists.

bushi jon

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am old fashioned men are men women women. It has nothing to do with oreitation. Hey anybody think I have a chance with her:)

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not really sure I understand the need for a gay person to desire recognition for being a different sex. In my opinion that is the biggest thing perpetuating stereotypes about gay people. In fact, groups that speak for gay populations tend to bite themselves in the *** (in a bad way) with constantly speaking out about being accepted as what they are, gay men, or gay women, but then turn around and support the very stereotypes they speak against by identifying themselves with the opposite sex.

Ok, off my soapbox...
7sm

Korppi76

Green Belt
Reaction score
This might seems quite stupid question but what homecoming queen/king does or is it just popular vote about who is most popular in some party thing?

Latest Discussions