KT:William Chow Kata?!?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
William Chow Kata?!?
By PorterKenpo - 02-01-2009 02:51 AM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

I recently saw a video on John Bishop's kajukembo site of William Chow doing a kata in California in the 1960's (it was also on youtube). I found this interesting in that, the myth is that Chow did not know or do any kata and that his students later added them. Would anyone happen to know what kata or form he is performing in the video?

Thanks,
PorterKenpo

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
William Chow Kata?!?
By PorterKenpo - 02-01-2009 02:51 AM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk
====================

I recently saw a video on John Bishop's kajukembo site of William Chow doing a kata in California in the 1960's (it was also on youtube). I found this interesting in that, the myth is that Chow did not know or do any kata and that his students later added them. Would anyone happen to know what kata or form he is performing in the video?

Thanks,
PorterKenpo

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Don't really know. Could be one he made up. This has been asked bfore somewhere, but I don't think it was ever answered conclusively.

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I know that Master Chun Jr. has stated that he and his students still do that Kata. As to the name I am not sure. Certain parts of the form look like they came from some of the forms that I do.

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bill Chun called me about 3 weeks ago to talk about some of his fathers former students.
Before we hung up I asked him about the kata on my website. He told me that it was a kata created by Prof. Chow, and that it was called "Top of the Mountain".

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Bill Chun called me about 3 weeks ago to talk about some of his fathers former students.
Before we hung up I asked him about the kata on my website. He told me that it was a kata created by Prof. Chow, and that it was called "Top of the Mountain".

Thank You, I appreciate the information

Latest Discussions