KT:Rear heel, Part 37...

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Rear heel, Part 37...
By MarkC - 01-25-2010 09:21 PM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

I know there was a long thread which contained information about the rear heel being up or down, but I like coming at things from different angles sometimes, so I'd like to resurrect part of that discussion.

I've seen many people on video clips with their rear heel raised, and I've seen people in person doing it too.
It's my understanding that the rear heel up, as in a high, close kneel or something, is useful when you want mobility, while the heel down is for stability.
I have heard, but I'm not sure I believe, that the rear heel up will transmit more power from a punch onto or into your target. I can see that using backup mass when you move forward to deliver a strike (assume a rear hand strike for now) and couple it with some torque from pivoting your hip with the strike you will indeed generate good power. Just wondering if it is indeed "More" that you'd get by staying in a neutral bow, heel down and pivoting into a forward bow for the strike.
What about if you land into a bow after moving forward and use the pivoting into the forward along with some backup mass?
I'm just playing in my mind for the moment, I think I use both methods at various times, I'm just not sure that I buy what I was told.
And also, I notice a lot of heel up when people on clips and in person are doing forms and techniques, when I read clearly in my BOOK that they should be in forward bows with their heels down. I guess I can see it being okay for techniques, maybe, but not in forms.
Anyway, anybody's thoughts, ideas, or smiting me for being ignorant?

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Latest Discussions