<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
A letter to Doc...
By HKphooey - 09-07-2010 05:13 PM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

A Letter to Doc&#8230;

Dear Mr. Chapel (Doc),
I wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for all your time and thoughts on KenpoTalk and MartialTalk. Over the years I have read some very interesting historical stories, intriguing ideas, viewed some helpful video clips, engaged in some great conversations. I know your time is valuable and you good easily charge thousands of dollars for much of this great information. While I may not always agree will all your posts, I do place high value on all of your responses.

Over the years, many of the Kenpo greats have come and gone from the forums. But you have stuck around and many times, repeatedly (and patiently), answered the same questions over and over. Many may not agree with your thoughts, ideas, opinions or methods, but one must truly appreciate your passion and dedication to SL4 Kenpo and your way of teaching. You truly practice what you preach and bring real-life testing and application to the art.

I feel sorry for those not willing to at least listen to your ideas. No matter what, you make me (and others) take a closer look at our own material and knowledge. I enjoy taking some of your ideas into my study group. Many just ignore your threads (or become combative with their words) when you disagree with their views. I take it as a challenge to prove to myself that I am not wasting time with the material I believe will work for me. In many cases my way will work and others it may not. But I at least know I tried alternate ways first before choosing another way discounting another person&#8217;s view.

Please keep up the great work and continue the great posts on both forums (and please keep the video clips coming).

I hope to one day get a chance to attend one of your seminars or just share a cup of coffee.

I was originally going to send this as a PM, but I thought others may have the same thoughts and would like to contribute. I do not want to take away from other thread posters, either. I learn a lot from everyone on KT and MT.

With much respect,
Wayne
AKA &#8220;HKphooey&#8221;

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed