KO artist Njokuani ready to take on the best of the WEC

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
12-18-2009 01:06 PM:
ept_sports_mma_experts-894394824-1261155677.jpg
Anthony Njokuani has two knockouts in the WEC. Both are this year, and both were awarded a Knockout of the Night bonus. He took out Bart Palaszewski at WEC 40 and then Muhssin Corbbrey at WEC 43. This Saturday, he will take on IFL veteran Chris Horodecki. Should we expect some of the same fireworks?

"It's going to be a totally different Anthony this time around. I'm taking all this a lot more serious, because once I finish this fight, I'm looking to fight people who are up there," Njokuani told Cagewriter. "That's why I'm playing close attention to what my trainers say. But I'll always shoot for a knockout. I want to continue to be labeled as a knockout king."

Njokuani was relegated to the undercard for his last two bouts; for this one, he is a co-headliner. He says that no matter where he is on the card, he wants to put on a good fight.

"Whatever spot that I'm in, I'll have the same feeling. Even if I'm not on the main card, I'm still going to bring a good fight."

The biggest change between this fight and his last three is that Njokuani has had to spend more time with doing interviews before this bout. Unlike many pro athletes, he enjoys his time with the media.

"It's great, because it helps me get my name out there. I am loving all the media time."

That media even included an article with the Associated Press, a piece that was picked up by USA Today and the New York Times. Though USA Today regularly covers MMA, it's rare for a fighter to get such a mention in the NYT.

Though he once was known as a breakdancer, Njokuani has been training to be known as much more. That doesn't keep him from still learning from his buddies from time to time.

"There are times, when I go back home and hang with my buddies who are B-boys, they'll show me stuff, but that's it. I learn some things that won't kill me; I'm not trying to be the best breakdancer."

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.