knives in combat

teej

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well this certainly will get the knife students in a big "HU-RA". But being a Kenpo student, I'll post here and let the knife students find it.

This article certainly illustrates the importance of cross training. The link below is from the May 2004' Washington Times. I just came accross it today. The story of a soldier who ran out of ammo and had to go to his knife to survive hand to hand.

http://www.washtimes.com/world/20040503-115511-7092r.htm

I am just courious as I cannot enlarge the photo but can any of you tell what kind of knife that is?

Yours in Kenpo,
Teej

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looks like a standard Buck-type folder to me. Glad to see that he made a courageous stand and lived to tell about it. When I was in service I always carried several blades of varying length on me "just in case."

M

Mark Weiser

Looks to be a buck knife. I also when in 3rd FSSB USMC always carried two knifes. One carried on my left shoulder on my combat harness for quick draw. The other in my boot on my right foot inside ankle.

Both were solid blades no folding knifes. The solider is lucky and I am glad he stood his ground over his buddy. He would have made an excellent Marine.

Mark E. Weiser

OP
T

teej

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yup, flatlander is right. the knife guys were on top of this 2 months ago. But apparently those of us not in the knife culture here, missed it. So view it and enjoy and remember the importance of cross training.

Teej

Latest Discussions