Kickboxer attacked in the ring by fans

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You mean a skilled fighter can't defend themselves? But fighting in the street or the ring is the same as SD. I don't understand.....;)

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You mean a skilled fighter can't defend themselves? But fighting in the street or the ring is the same as SD. I don't understand.....;)
That was a clean and fair punch. He just turned and walked away. He didn't make any attempt to show he was in trouble. It was like he was going to get a glass of water from the kitchen lol. As for the fans that jumped into the ring... DANG!!!. That was a big punch. I usually have a plan on what to do in most situations, but for that one. I wouldn't know what to do and I still don't. I even thought of trying to flip over the ropes some how, but the way he was standing on the ropes was just really the worst position to be caught in.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least it wasn't his opponent's mother, I've seen that happen, very funny as mother was big.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Well in this case it was exactly the same. He was doing self defence in the ring.

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a clean and fair punch. He just turned and walked away. He didn't make any attempt to show he was in trouble. It was like he was going to get a glass of water from the kitchen lol. As for the fans that jumped into the ring... DANG!!!. That was a big punch. I usually have a plan on what to do in most situations, but for that one. I wouldn't know what to do and I still don't. I even thought of trying to flip over the ropes some how, but the way he was standing on the ropes was just really the worst position to be caught in.
Right... he should not have been standing there. But... you've gotta admit... it was a very weird string of circumstances, and he was very likely struggling to come to grips with what was happening. "Normals" don't get intot he ring. Except... they did this time.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's unrealistic to expect someone to put forth full aggression for a fight, then turn it off without some major indicator. We've all seen guys who followed their opponent to the ground to continue the attack, even though he was out before he fell. And many of us have seen the videos of the guys who got so tunnel-visioned they actually attacked the ref. When that guy turned away without doing something to signal, he just created the opening the other fighter had been looking for - while trying to avoid getting KO'd, himself - the whole fight. His punch was probably not a conscious action ("Oh, look, he's turned his back. This'll be easy!").

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I saw adrian pang jump in and manhandle some dude for throwing downward elbows in a MMA fight.

One thing to consider. Who are the friends of a fighter likley to be?

Anyway. Biker gangs proving they are just a social club in a MMA fight.

Latest Discussions