JUKKENDO (Meada, Conde Koma Jiu-Jitsu)

Conde Koma

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everybody!
Today, I would like to introduce about a New but legitimate history behind art of JUKKENDO(combined of JUDO, BJJ, Striking and Self-Defense-knives and sticks-).
JUKKENDO is basically I would say, an original JUDO Jigoro Kano, founder of JUDO, established in 1882 which had had been mostly for Self-Defense purpose that Judo people could fight with ANYBODY like a MMA fight today.
However, after Kano's time, Judo has been changed by the executive staffs in Kodokan(first Judo school Kano established).
As you can see, Judo is an Olympic sports today. There are so many Judokas(Judo practitioners) in the all over the world but on the other hand, Judo has been changing quite a lot. Nowadays, Judo people come to fight in the MMA, but not as strong as used to be.
Whereas, BJJ (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu) is very successful.
In fact, BJJ is "Basically Just Judo". They just focus on grand game, but Judo has a Newaza (grand techniques) as well!
BJJ has started when a Japanese Judo master named "Mitsuyo Maeda" also know as "Conde Koma", sent by Kano, taught Carlos Gracie a Japanese art of Judo.
Maeda was successful fighter who might have started the first MMA fight in Cuba.
And it has been widespread

JUKKENDO is, Mitsuyo Maeda aka Conde Koma style of Judo, Jiu-Jitsu.
Please check its history.

JUKKENDO DEMO on YouTube:

For more info
www.condekomaacademy.com
www.bunasawakai.com
www.jukkendo.com

Thank you!

Conde Koma Academy
Jukkendo, Judo, BJJ and Self-Defense

Tsubasa Goya
Head Instructor/Shihan

Office:
[COLOR=#49535A !important] (949)783-9868 [/COLOR]​
E-mail [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards! I train and teach judo and grapple with some BJJ guys on the side...and I can concur that BJJ is just Judo (with cooler gi tops!)

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Firstly, welcome aboard.

Second, don't spam the forum. You've posted three posts, all of which are identical, in three different forums. Pick the best suited, and go from there.

The demo was nicely done. Not self defence on a number of levels, but good, solid Judo technique. I didn't see much that would class it as a different art, though...

Oh, and Jukendo is Japanese bayonet fighting, so you know. Might want to change your name there. See below:

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Right, I've had a little think about this post (and it's clones in the other threads), and there's a couple of things I wouldn't mind going through...

Hi everybody!

Hi Tsubasa.

Today, I would like to introduce about a New but legitimate history behind art of JUKKENDO(combined of JUDO, BJJ, Striking and Self-Defense-knives and sticks-).

Was there a question of it's legitimacy? It's claiming to have come dominantly from Judo, so... what was the issue? I will say that, throughout all the videos around on the various sites you list, I only really saw Judo being used, rather than any kind of combination....

JUKKENDO is basically I would say, an original JUDO Jigoro Kano, founder of JUDO, established in 1882 which had had been mostly for Self-Defense purpose that Judo people could fight with ANYBODY like a MMA fight today.

Uh, no. In fact, Kano Sensei developed Judo as a method of self development (physically and mentally), specifically for the education of the Japanese people (hence his soliciting of the education system in Japan for his art), as he felt that most of the Jujutsu arts were too concerned with just physical combative actions. The aim wasn't really centered on self defence, nor for use in MMA competition. There was an emphasis on testing yourself, but that's very different to "fight anyone".

However, after Kano's time, Judo has been changed by the executive staffs in Kodokan(first Judo school Kano established).

Again, not exactly. As time has gone on, Judo has had developments to it's ruleset (for a range of reasons, sometimes safety, othertimes more political), but it's really remained (at it's core) the same. Oh, and you hardly have to explain things like who the Kodokan are here.

As you can see, Judo is an Olympic sports today. There are so many Judokas(Judo practitioners) in the all over the world but on the other hand, Judo has been changing quite a lot. Nowadays, Judo people come to fight in the MMA, but not as strong as used to be.

I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to say here... yes, Judo is an Olympic sport, and has been since the 60's (1964), and as time has gone by there have been rule changes (the most major of which were before 1925, though... when Kano was still around and heading things. That rule change was for Kosen Judo, which is closely linked with the approach of BJJ, for the record...). Then you go to talking about Judoka in MMA? I really don't get what you're link is... personally, I feel that the reason there's not as many Judoka in MMA is that they have their own very tough forms of competitive testing, which is a big part of the ranking structure, so to try to train for two separate forms of competition, the second of which can hamper your development (and future ranking) in Judo, it's a no-brainer. They don't need it, so they don't do it.

Whereas, BJJ (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu) is very successful.

Well, that's down to things like the original UFC competitions, which were really just a few steps beyond pay-per-view ads for the Gracies, which put Gracie JJ on the scene in a big way, and linked what would become MMA with BJJ permanently. That has extended to the point that MMA is seen as a combination of BJJ with striking forms (such as kickboxing or muay Thai).

In fact, BJJ is "Basically Just Judo". They just focus on grand game, but Judo has a Newaza (grand techniques) as well!

"Ground" techniques you mean, yeah? As this is you (http://www.bunasawakai.com/goya.html), I'm assuming that English is your first language?

As far as BJJ being "basically just Judo", well, yeah... that's a common cry of mine as well. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything here, are you trying to talk down what BJJ is? And yes, Judo has ne waza.... again, such things are far from unknown here. You might want to remember that you are talking to experienced martial artists who have been around for a while....

BJJ has started when a Japanese Judo master named "Mitsuyo Maeda" also know as "Conde Koma", sent by Kano, taught Carlos Gracie a Japanese art of Judo.

Well, he taught a lot more than just Gracie... and as far as the name "Conde Koma", that was given to him in Spain, and was a stage name for his public demonstrations and fights.

Maeda was successful fighter who might have started the first MMA fight in Cuba.
And it has been widespread

Well, Vale Tudo has a long history... and Maeda, when he first visited Brazil, was involved in a number of demonstrations and fights. So I'm thinking that there were already others before him, as he went in and got involved in something that seems to have been quite established.

JUKKENDO is, Mitsuyo Maeda aka Conde Koma style of Judo, Jiu-Jitsu.
Please check its history.

Right... about checking that history. How is your system "the style of Maeda"? Where is the connection? Did your founder study under Maeda? Did he just hear stories, and try to adopt what he thinks Maeda's approach was? Did he learn BJJ under the Gracies to find out about Maeda's style of Judo? I mean, there's lists of the founder's instructors, including Kenji Tomiki (Aikido) and Kimura (Judo), but no actual mention of any real connection (student/teacher) to Maeda whatsoever....
JUKKENDO DEMO on YouTube:

As I said, some nice, solid Judo there... but not really anything else. I'm also not really fond of the attacks, most aren't reaching the defender at all, which doesn't sell much for me....

The first two links are incorrect, so you know. But honestly, they don't add a lot of information, other than showing more Judo methods under a different name.

Conde Koma Academy
Jukkendo, Judo, BJJ and Self-Defense

Tsubasa Goya
Head Instructor/Shihan

Office:
[COLOR=#49535A !important] (949)783-9868 [/COLOR]​
E-mail [email protected]

Hmm. You might want to remove the phone number and email address, as posting those is against the TOS (Terms of Service) here.

1.5 Posting Personal Contact Information (Address/ Phone Number):

Members may not post personal contact information such as home address, work address, home telephone number, work telephone number, email address etc., in the public forums.
As anyone, including guests and search engines, can read the public forums - this policy is in place for YOUR safety and protection. If you wish to make contact with someone and want to share personal information, please make use of the Private Messaging feature of this forum.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Oh, and Jukendo is Japanese bayonet fighting, so you know. Might want to change your name there.

I think they are meaning jukken (strategy)
術計 as opposed to juken 銃剣 (gun sword)
That's what I got from a quick look.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I think they are meaning jukken (strategy)
術計 as opposed to juken 銃剣 (gun sword)
That's what I got from a quick look.

No, the kanji used are 柔拳道 ("gentle fist way"). Which makes the double "K" just odd.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
No, the kanji used are 柔拳道 ("gentle fist way"). Which makes the double "K" just odd.
That will teach me to say something when I haven't checked things out first. :)
I agree it seems pretty odd to me, but my Japanese is nowhere near fluent so I'm just going to keep my mouth closed for a change. I get the feeling the fellow was just posting as an advert, and probably won't be back to discuss it.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, the kanji were on a banner on one of their demo videos. As far as the original poster, agreed. But I didn't want it to just sit there unchallenged, with the odd "information" that was being put out....

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am curious as to why the OP would claim the first MMA fight to have occurred in Cuba. As Maeda travelled throughout America before going to Cuba, demoing and fighting in multiple locations, both with Tomita and solo, it is doubtful the fight in Cuba would have been Maeda's first "MMA" fight. As Uyenishi and Yukio Tani were working the music halls in England for several years before Maeda went to the US, it is doubtful that Maeda could be considered the first "MMA" fighter.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think the "gentle fist way" name was already in use. I believe that Mark Bishop wrote about it as a system from Taiwan which was being taught in Okinawa. The founder of the style was called "Golden Dragon". Robert W. Smith wrote about it in Chinese Boxing: Masters and Methods.

Latest Discussions