Japan Elitist Confession

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Let it never be said that I can't poke fun at myself. Hell, there are so many people taking shots at me I might as well show them the right way to do it, for I am A Japan Elitist!!!!!

The Roley Creed

R ecognizing that I was volunteered to be a translator, fully knowing
the hazards of my chosen profession. I will always endeavor to keep my mouth closed as an uke, to protect the honor and high "esprit de corps" of my Roley Regiment as well as my teeth.

O wing to the fact that a Roley is a more elite foreigner who arrives at the honbu dojo by train, bicycle, or car. I accept the fact that as a Roley Japan expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other foreigner.

L ighting candles in the proper fashion on the kamidana, I will always glare at culturally insensitive visitors and forget they are probably jet lagged. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and culturally aware, I will show the world that I am a specially selected and well trained foreigner. My courtesy to Japanese shihan, neatness of dress and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

E nergetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Compassion is not a Roley word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of Roppongi and under no circumstances will I go to Kabuki Cho.

Y earning to prove myself as an accomplished Japan elitist, I will display the intestinal fortitude required to pay attention in class, continuing on to the Roley objective and complete the mission, though I
be the lone survivor.

Roleys Lead The Way!

OP
Don Roley

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Satt said:
Don, you are like the Simon Cowel of the MA world. :lool: :barf:

I had to do a web search to see who the heck that was. I am NOT like him.

I am WAAAAAAAAAY cooler. Can Cowell speak Japanese? I think not! :rolleyes:

Kizaru

Purple Belt
Reaction score
[font=Arial,Helvetica]Wow. I thought the "Roley Creed" looked familiar...[/font]​
[font=Arial,Helvetica][/font]​
[font=Arial,Helvetica]THE RANGER CREED[/font]​
[font=Arial,Helvetica]The Ranger Creed was written by Command Sergeant Major Gentry in 1974. Today it is recited by Rangers during change of command ceremonies,regimental and battalion level physical training,upon graduation from Ranger school,and daily by Rangers in the regiment.[/font]​
Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession. I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor and high "esprit de corps" of my Ranger Regiment.

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air. I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other soldier.

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be. One hundred percent and then some
[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.
[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.
[/font][font=Arial,Helvetica]Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission, though I be the lone survivor.
[/font]

George Kohler

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sorry for being off topic...

So where did you learn the Ranger Creed?

I learned mine during the first week of RIP (Ranger indoctrination Program) March of 1990.

Aco 1/75 1990-1994
Ranger School class 4-92
Gco 143rd Inf (Abn) LRSC 1994 - 1999 TXNGB

davidg553

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
George Kohler said:
Is there anybody here that can say the "Ranger Creed" without the help of an aid?
No.

When I attended my brother's graduation all the students and attending Rangers recited the creed together (as they do at all graduations) and I have to say it was one of the most awesome things I have heard/seen. It gave me a major case of the goose-bumps.

Good thing there weren't any recruiter's around or I may have reenlisted :mp5:

OP
Don Roley

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
George Kohler said:
Sorry for being off topic...

So where did you learn the Ranger Creed?

He learned it at Benning. I can vouch for him as I have seen his old Military ID and talked with him about the areas outside the gates at Benning. I was just a simple 11-B, but he went all the way. Either that, or he did some damn good research just to fool me with his stories.

And of course, he too is a JAPAN ELITIST!!!!!!

George Kohler

Green Belt
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
He learned it at Benning. I can vouch for him as I have seen his old Military ID and talked with him about the areas outside the gates at Benning. I was just a simple 11-B, but he went all the way. Either that, or he did some damn good research just to fool me with his stories.

And of course, he too is a JAPAN ELITIST!!!!!!

He sent me a PM. I was just asking because I wanted to see if there were other Rangers from 75th Ranger Regiment on this website, since we are usually the ones that can recite the creed without messing it up. You never know who you might meet.

Latest Discussions