Is this school legit?

savior

Green Belt
Reaction score
http://www.amakarate.com/index.cfm?page=14

I was recommended by a person on facebook (facebook group: Muay Thai). He trained there for a year and liked it, but I am just asking what you guys think of it.

The description of the program seems like an essay written that only focuses on a few matches of the instructor rather than the program they practice

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Check out this link http://www.masterkelbowko.com/index.htm
This is Master K's website. I have heard of him and his muay thai before but, I don't know if he is recognized by the World Muay Thai Council. The main thing would be to find out who gave him the title of master. Also, he supposedly taught himself muay thai? Maybe some others on MartialTalk might be able to help out.

OP
S

savior

Green Belt
Reaction score
i am attending the place tomorrow and will report back. I asked a student if master K introduces rolling pins and he said that he did once, but the student declined.

ill let you guys know how it goes

Thunder Foot

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hmmm... I'd say it has the potential to be solid. I personaly do not like seeing Muay Thai and "Kickboxing" as a definition though. Thats a red flag for me. Just my personal taste.

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I did some more research and the only thing that comes up is his website and affiliates and his videos. I can't find out anything about him. It makes think of Chai Sirisuite. You can't find any of his background either unless you look at the TBA website. You may have to contact a recognized muay thai gym or the WMC just to find out if he is legit. Good luck!!!

OP
S

savior

Green Belt
Reaction score
went to muay thai class tonight. the class ended up being a MMA class because a lot of the guys were amateur MMA fighters... didnt really focus on technique because everyone knew their stuff but I was told by the students that the guy focuses 100% on technique and is a tremendous teacher

ill be attending again on tuesday to get more information

btw, the guys were HUGE! lol but they encouraged me to join because it will help make me a better fighter

OP
S

savior

Green Belt
Reaction score
will do! I am hoping to attend tomorrow's class

OP
S

savior

Green Belt
Reaction score
I jumped in class tonight. There were a lot of people there of all ability levels. Master K was also there instructing, as well as the usual instructor James.

Class was great, I sparred with James and he kept correcting me on my form, master K also helped correct me. We worked mostly on pushkicks and a few elbows towards the end of the class.

I liked the class and will be attending the MMA on thursday. My elbows are bruised and pretty cut up, but I felt as if I got a great workout

Latest Discussions