Is there such a thing as dirty fighting?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pmsl, I only ever had a couple of run ins with doorman, I learnt the effects of alcohol on performance very early in life, I knew the MO, of doorman, so avoided the hyper inflated ego's
I've actually known quite a few guys who worked doors/clubs. Some had ego issues, but most of those guys didn't last long. Mostly, it was the guys with good control over themselves who had any staying power in the role.

D

Deleted member 34973

Tip your doorman and bouncers. I have found that if you do that, it shows them that you appreciate their efforts.

Another thing it does, in my experience, in the beginning they watch to see if you are basically trying to bribe them. But, once the see you are there to have a good time and not cause any trouble, they will make sure that you are safe.

And, sometimes ask you for help.

I have never really had issues with bouncers. But, when I see that they are aggressive, I just leave and never come back to the establishment. I ain't there to fight, I am there to have a good time.

D

Deleted member 34973

As for dirty fighting, in the streets there is no such thing as a dirty technique.

In the ring, yes don't be an *******, you agreed to certain rules, have the integrity to follow them.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Or in 2019 does anything go?

Someone mentioned they added a new twist to the knockout game. After the random knockout on a stranger they pee on the unconscious person.
In the ring? Definitely. You know the rules before the match starts.
On the street; to me in the vein of the run of the mill street fight where no weapons are used, peeing on the other person is escalating it into something very ripe for escalated violence and weapons. Just a very d**k move. I would expect my buddies to be all over that guy.
In a true self defense situation, there are no rules. But there are degrees of escalation that the average person will follow. For example, the first response usually is not to try and kill the other person.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In the real would outside of a ring, there is no such think as a dirty fight. If I am attacked i will do what is necessary to defend myself and end the fight.
I saw what part of the country you are from. I have been to Tulsa twice, only day trips so I know very little about your area. The way you word it all fights are life and death. Is that the way it is around there or do you never have scraps at the bar, etc...?

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There are no rules in street fights plain and simple
If you have not been hit on the head by a brick, you may have not experienced a real street fight yet.

In one street fight, a guy ran away. After the fight was over, that guy came back with a brick in his hand. He told his friends it took him too much time to find that brick.

brick-girl.jpg

W.Bridges

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I saw what part of the country you are from. I have been to Tulsa twice, only day trips so I know very little about your area. The way you word it all fights are life and death. Is that the way it is around there or do you never have scraps at the bar, etc...?
No not all fights are life or death but you never know in this day in time. I have been in a few bar scraps in my day. I use to work as security in night clubs for almost 10 years in Texas

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
As for dirty fighting, in the streets there is no such thing as a dirty technique.

In the ring, yes don't be an *******, you agreed to certain rules, have the integrity to follow them.
hmm maybe. it really depends on context. most of the dirty fighting things arnt that effective. certainly not as effective as a really good punch that knocks them over. you really need to work on your core technique s and fitness before you start worry about " dirty techniques" if your in serious trouble they are unlikely to make much differance to the out come, if your not in serious trouble, they wont make much differance to the outcome

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
dirty techniques" if your in serious trouble they are unlikely to make much differance to the out come, if your not in serious trouble, they wont make much differanc
That's not strictly true, I was witness to a fight in the early 90's, where 1 bloke decided to sink his teeth into his opponents facial cheek, the fight ended quite quickly.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's not strictly true, I was witness to a fight in the early 90's, where 1 bloke decided to sink his teeth into his opponents facial cheek, the fight ended quite quickly.

I've seen people give up as soon as they realised that the other one isn't a push over. I've seen a lot more give up after they have had a stiff right hand, if the guys close enough to bite your cheek your already in trouble, but then it's not really a fight ender just a considerable annoyance, it then depends on how motoravated they are to carry on

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
All I can say is, the bloke doing the biting, was until that point loosing.

D

Deleted member 34973

hmm maybe. it really depends on context. most of the dirty fighting things arnt that effective. certainly not as effective as a really good punch that knocks them over. you really need to work on your core technique s and fitness before you start worry about " dirty techniques" if your in serious trouble they are unlikely to make much differance to the out come, if your not in serious trouble, they wont make much differance to the outcome
I think you misunderstood my comment. In an actual fight, there is no such thing as a clean or a dirty technique.

There is just the fight and surviving said fight.

And realistically, putting your thumbs through an attackers eyesocket (while on the ground) is a pretty good deterrent and very effective in a fight.

As for a really good punch, to knock them over...pretty much every combat sport, shows how difficult that actually is.

But as I stated, in a fight, there is no such thing as a clean or dirty technique.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood my comment. In an actual fight, there is no such thing as a clean or a dirty technique.

There is just the fight and surviving said fight.

And realistically, putting your thumbs through an attackers eyesocket (while on the ground) is a pretty good deterrent and very effective in a fight.

As for a really good punch, to knock them over...pretty much every combat sport, shows how difficult that actually is.

But as I stated, in a fight, there is no such thing as a clean or dirty technique.
but there are consequences, if you have them pinned to floor then blinding them is a little 9ver the top the fight is over, there may be legal implications or there brother may come round and shoot you as revenge. best not to

I agree to some extent, the think is that most of the dirt technique are not effective, if your telling yourself that they are then your fooling yourselves, go and practise punching till you can knock them over, or power lifting so you can throw them about like a rag doll,if you cant do that then your not going to be able to pin them to the floor so you can eye jab them either

D

Deleted member 34973

but there are consequences, if you have them pinned to floor then blinding them is a little 9ver the top the fight is over, there may be legal implications or there brother may come round and shoot you as revenge. best not to

I agree to some extent, the think is that most of the dirt technique are not effective, if your telling yourself that they are then your fooling yourselves, go and practise punching till you can knock them over, or power lifting so you can throw them about like a rag doll,if you cant do that then your not going to be able to pin them to the floor so you can eye jap them either
Yeah, those two things you keep pushing, although important, might or might not help you. Neither are 100%.

The rag doll comment, is just a false sense of security. Muscles, although somewhat of a factor, really is only a small part of being able to effectively defend yourself.

To quote you "if you think otherwise, you are fooling yourself"

I have seen plenty of muscle bounds, get destroyed by smaller people.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, those two things you keep pushing, although important, might or might not help you. Neither are 100%.

The rag doll comment, is just a false sense of security. Muscles, although somewhat of a factor, really is only a small part of being able to effectively defend yourself.

To quote you "if you think otherwise, you are fooling yourself"

I have seen plenty of muscle bounds, get destroyed by smaller people.
nothing is a 100 % but as a general rule only strong people attack others, or at least they think they are in comparison, scrawny weak people just dont randomly attack b8ig strong guys, unless there are a few of them or they are very drunk,, just never happens, technique against strengh is an interesting debate, but why not have both then you have it covered any serious ma competitor does some level of weight training

D

Deleted member 34973

nothing is a 100 % but as a general rule only strong people attack others, or at least they think they are in comparison, scrawny weak people just dont randomly attack b8ig strong guys, unless there are a few of them, just never happens, technique against strengh is an interesting debate, but why not have both then you have it covered
Yes, the muscle bounds are usually the aggressive ones. Meatheads have a tendency to be bullies, I agree.

Stamina, is probably more important when it comes to combat, especially if you intend to run from it.

I remember watching three state wrestlers, attack four scrawny kids. It was a cruising area downtown.

The scrawny kids were minding their own, walking down the street. When 3 high school state wrestlers decided to stop and beat them up. Apparently one had just won the state wrestling title and figured he was now a bad ***.

In the end, all three lost, one was in the hospital for three months, because one muscle bound meathead, decided he could toss two around like rag dolls.

Of course he wasn't expecting to be continuously toe kicked in the face with scrawny cowboy boots.

It was hilarious and the 3 deserved that whoopin. Dirty fighting, help those boys tremendously. And, since they were attacked by crazy sporters. The cops let them walk away. Of course he called paramedics and arrested the state champion and his buddies.

3 meatheads down and 4 scrawny's walked away.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, the muscle bounds are usually the aggressive ones. Meatheads have a tendency to be bullies, I agree.

Stamina, is probably more important when it comes to combat, especially if you intend to run from it.

I remember watching three state wrestlers, attack four scrawny kids. It was a cruising area downtown.

The scrawny kids were minding their own, walking down the street. When 3 high school state wrestlers decided to stop and beat them up. Apparently one had just won the state wrestling title and figured he was now a bad ***.

In the end, all three lost, one was in the hospital for three months, because one muscle bound meathead, decided he could toss two around like rag dolls.

Of course he wasn't expecting to be continuously toe kicked in the face with scrawny cowboy boots.

It was hilarious and the 3 deserved that whoopin. Dirty fighting, help those boys tremendously. And, since they were attacked by crazy sporters. The cops let them walk away. Of course he called paramedics and arrested the state champion and his buddies.

3 meatheads down and 4 scrawny's walked away.
so your asking me to believe that 4 scrawny untrained kids hospitaled three state state champion standard wrestlers, ? in which case it's clear that training ma at all is a waste of time. think you've just made that up

Latest Discussions