I tried Aikido on me....Ouch lol

charyuop

Black Belt
Reaction score
It happened yesterday during class and for those who might think "yea Aikido, works coz Uke helps, but in real fight it wouldn't work".
I was practicing (sorry not good with names) a basic movement where all I had to do as start was just lifting my hand to deflect a punch to the face. And I guess like every beginner I kept trying pushing it to the side.
I told Sensei that it came natural to me coz I kept seeing the punch still running towards my face not missing its target. So he started talking about how the bad guys tend to do that...wanting to hit you...and there I didn't expect the rest. I had a Godan Sensei charging me and that's all I can remember. The rest I remember was me being treated like a doll (a 230 pound doll) and lying on the mat upwards.
I can't say that I helped him, because I don't even know what he did to me. Had it been a real street fight I could have been dead with a broken neck in like 3 or 4 seconds and not even realize it.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do a forum search for the street effectiveness of aikido here. I think you'll like what you read.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is a fine example of "looks can be deceiving"! :rofl: I am glad you are alright!

Thanks for the laugh!

Latest Discussions