"I shot him as much as I could"

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bad guy dead. Happy ending.

http://www.ajc.com/news/gwinnett/woman-i-shot-him-951065.html?cxtype=rss_news_128746

The woman was getting out of the shower when 34-year-old Israel Perez Puentes, armed with a knife, dragged her to the bedroom where he planned to rape her, police said. Her fear was evident in the recording of her call for help – obtained by AM 750 and now 95.5FM News/Talk WSB.
“I was in the shower and the lights cut out in my house,” the sobbing woman said moments after she shot and killed Puentes on May 11.“This man came at me with a hood on. And he had a knife in his hand.”
He forced her into her bedroom, she later told police, and that is where she retrieved her gun.
“I shot him as much as I could,” said the woman. “I shot him with a .22 but he just kept running.
"He was going to rape me, kill me.

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
"“I shot him with a .22 but he just kept running"

If at first you don't succeed.....RELOAD!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Head shots head shots... after he's on the ground pump a few into the cranial area just to make damn sure. The guy was a scuzzball scumbag and thus years in prison wouldn't have done him any good.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
the failure to stop is the reason why I tell people the absolute minimum caliber to get in any pistol is .32 acp! also people all that counts in a pistol is bore diameter! biger is better! ( I am an ex EMT and trained to patch the holes guns make..) the other factor is make it one you can control and reacquire the target rapidly with. I prefer the .45 ACP for self defense, but .32 and up is ok... she did do the right thing. if its time to shoot, do not talk! shoot! continue to fire till the weapon is empty or the enemy is down! then RELOAD!

OKenpo942

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thank God we still live in a country that allows for guns (at least for now, God help us). If not for that, she'd be another statistic. Instead, he is. Good for her.

James

Kemposhot

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thank God we still live in a country that allows for guns (at least for now, God help us). If not for that, she'd be another statistic. Instead, he is. Good for her.

James

Have to agree with you there. Thank God she had the firearm to defend herself with.

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
This guy must have been high on something...HE KEPT COMING!

Someone comes into your house you have every right to defend yourself. At least here in Kentucky anyways. (side note: I think in Kentucky that, that right is extended to property as well. I.E. Someone banging on the front door, or trying to get into the house. Why wait till someone is in the house before you try and defend yourself from them.)

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This guy must have been high on something...HE KEPT COMING!

Someone comes into your house you have every right to defend yourself. At least here in Kentucky anyways. (side note: I think in Kentucky that, that right is extended to property as well. I.E. Someone banging on the front door, or trying to get into the house. Why wait till someone is in the house before you try and defend yourself from them.)

Note to self check out Kintuck for next house..... :)

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, in all seriousness though, the cops usually wanna hear the story, and you might have to appear in court to tell everyone what happened...so yeah..there we go.

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, in all seriousness though, the cops usually wanna hear the story, and you might have to appear in court to tell everyone what happened...so yeah..there we go.

Agreed. I just don't like hearing the neighbors flush if ya catch my drift.

Latest Discussions