I Like Making Music On Th...The The Computer.

KangTsai

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi. Recently I've been completely hooked in teaching myself music production. It takes top priority of my spare time as of late. I'm not too good, but I think I'm learning fast. Anyone else do anything similar?
Here's a sample of my newest beat project - junguru beat sample.wav

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I tried a course on Coursera for songwriting. It was quite entertaining and informative, but I did not complete it. I think it is a great course (free as well) for the right kind of person, which I unfortunately am not.

Songwriting: Writing the Lyrics - Berklee | Coursera

I love and appreciate good music. But it seems my talents are in listening, rather than creating.

Good work!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried a course on Coursera for songwriting. It was quite entertaining and informative, but I did not complete it. I think it is a great course (free as well) for the right kind of person, which I unfortunately am not.

I love and appreciate good music. But it seems my talents are in listening, rather than creating.

Good work!
I appear to have that same issue. Shows up on the guitar, as well. Now that I think of it, it also applies to whisky. Maybe I have a genetic condition...

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
i am familar with music and production but im old school, where we had to pay studio time and the mixing board was wider than your arms could reach. so i would say i am analog recording literate but digital not much.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have a lot of gear where I could record at home, but I don't have the time. LOL

Got myself EZ Drummer because that is the only instrument I cannot play...well, within the context of the kinds of songs I write anyway. (I compose with two guitars, bass and drums in mind. Vocals too. Sometimes backing vocals, sometimes harmonica for acoustic stuff. I cannot play piano/keyboard either, although I would love to learn that and add it into the mix.)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Good work!

I almost went to college at Berklee for Recording engineering...... but by no means does that imply I have any talent for writing music...cause I don't

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I almost went to college at Berklee for Recording engineering...... but by no means does that imply I have any talent for writing music...cause I don't

Producers often don't. However, sometimes they can hear what would make a band sound better...better than the band members themselves!

KabutoKouji

Green Belt
Reaction score
I like making electronic sounds on my computer, though I haven't in quite a while at this stage tbh, too much anime watching and procrastination:

raytrace

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi. Recently I've been completely hooked in teaching myself music production. It takes top priority of my spare time as of late. I'm not too good, but I think I'm learning fast. Anyone else do anything similar?
Here's a sample of my newest beat project - junguru beat sample.wav
Indeed, I undertook a similar project some years back. I had no experience with this sort of thing, but it's still available on SoundCloud.

dre4d

Latest Discussions