I am pumped

xjrrrdx

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Its not as exciting as a first fight or anything like that. But I have been training for a little over 2 months and I have been asked by the instructor that I can start coming to the advanced classes which consists of heavy sparring and a lot more advanced techniques.

Either way, I was surprised that it would happen this soon, I had never done any sort of MA before in my life. But he says he my technique has come along really fast, and he likes how when I try new things I go through them over and over at a slow pace then pick them up.

Eventually I would like to fight, at least once for the experience. Either way thats my excitment lol. Lame I know haha.

King

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey xjrrrdx, that's great news. I guess your kru saw a lot of potential in you so he recommended the advancement. Nothing wrong with being excited about something like that. I notice with martial arts like Muay Thai, students who are eager to learn (somebody who practices without being told, practices at home and takes initiative towards their own development) are the ones who reaps the most benefits. So having a proper attitude like yours is nothing to be ashamed about. Good luck with your advanced class.

Reaction score
Its not as exciting as a first fight or anything like that. But I have been training for a little over 2 months and I have been asked by the instructor that I can start coming to the advanced classes which consists of heavy sparring and a lot more advanced techniques.

Either way, I was surprised that it would happen this soon, I had never done any sort of MA before in my life. But he says he my technique has come along really fast, and he likes how when I try new things I go through them over and over at a slow pace then pick them up.

Eventually I would like to fight, at least once for the experience. Either way thats my excitment lol. Lame I know haha.

well done! i also advanced quickly (begginer to intermediate to advanced in 3 months) i was so proud of myself , i did other arts befor muay thai though , i have been training for about 8 months in muay thai and i have just been invited by other gyms of the same club around the country to go train with them and then hopefully fight in a couple of months , so keep it up. my 8 months have gone so quickly!

once again well done

chris

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey that's great. It sounds like your Kru (instructor) saw something in you he liked. Keep it up and you'll be ready to fight in no time. I remember a kid about 15 years old that I trained, he practiced all the time and gave it his all during class and when the time came he smoked his opponent in his first fight. He advanced at a rapid pace too. Keep it up.

Latest Discussions