How does your city/town stack up?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yet another interesting site. Find your state, then find your city and get the stats from the 2000 census... useful to see the amount of crime, racial diveristy, sexual diversity, population density, average age, income, value of homes, weather averages and so forth.
Likewise useful if you're contemplating moving from one city to another.

Check it out
http://www.city-data.com/

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
the most interesting thing I saw on the link to my hometown, is the number of hazardous waste sites listed around town. Spooky.

I know back in the early part of last century, there was a big flood that damaged many parts of New England, including Nashua, and there was a fire in the 'Crowne Hill' section of the city, and the clean up from that was basically just dumped in an open area down the road, that currently is undergoing a major clean up. We also have quite a few city parks that are going through asbestous abatement.

Thanks, Interesting - Mike

R

RCastillo

We stack up ok, I guess. A few idiots here, and there, but livable. Not too slow, not too fast.....................:shrug:

T

TheRustyOne

Well, I finally know the pop. of Elkton(MD) and Shepherdstown(WV), 11K and 803, respectively. And Elkton has the largest population of any of the other towns in the county.

It's cool that they have the aerial photo and the map w/ haz. waste, superfunds, etc. on there. Thanksies for sharin that link.

Latest Discussions