How can rasicm exsist?

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Before anyone one decides to throw up any "pc" crud......
Think about this one.

Just exaclty how can racism exsist?
There is only ONE race on the planet!
In case you didn't know...its called the HUMAN race.
So therefore,"RACIST" is practically an impossible term. The only way a person could be "racist" is to hate ALL people...all humans.
Wouldn't "culturist" be a more suitable term if you don't like someone different from yourself?
I got the idea from the ever dreaded "N" word.....
Its not a colour, it's a TYPE of person.
I'm not trying to justify anything...but it seems to me that it may just be getting closer to the root of the problem if we identify it for what it actually is...or percieved.
Look at a flower garden.
The "flowers" are all different,different colour,shape and sizes...but if you take all the "flowers" away..
Whats left? Green stems. ALL green stems.....they are the same.
Aren't we just a living "flower" garden?
Thoughts....................??????????

OP
Bammx2

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
2 responses?

Thanx, by the way!

Thats it?
Shux,y'all ain't emabarressed is ya?!

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
You are probably right, but I for one am neither racist nor culturist, and I must say that it p***es me off when people are judged, rightly or wrongly by nature of their colour/religion etc.

It has been my experience that there are good people and bad people wherever you go, and I think that is how we should judge people: by our own experience.

R

raedyn

I think I get what you are saying, Bammx. I like your flower analogy. But there are still people that can't see past the surface colour and who believe that it does make a difference what colour you are. It doesn't make sense to me, but I know there are people who think like that. Like simmoncurran said, there are good and bad people where ever you go. When they display their prejudice, people who are 'racist' (for lack of a better term) say more about themselves and their own short comings than they do about the group that they malign.

Latest Discussions