Home Land Security

S

sifu Adams

So what dose everyone think about Bernard Kerik appoited to head of the home land security. He was the NY city police comissioner on 9-11, he worked undercover in many drug raids, serverd in the military, he was head of and turned around one of the largest and roughest prisons. And he contributes all his succsess to the MARTIAL ART.

what dose everyone think could this be good for the martial arts? or bad?

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hadn't heard about his appointment. What martial art(s) is he familiar with? I suppose if he is that enthused about them, he would try to integrate some kind of training program into Homeland Security. Only could be good--make people more aware--don't you think? But we all know, training is a long process. He might be more prone to just hire more police/security personnel trained in martial arts already. TW

OP
S

sifu Adams

He has a book our I called the lost son I believe it was TKD at first. I just got the book the other day and haven't had a chance to start reading it. Everyone I talked to said it was a good book and he credits everything to the dicipline and repect that he started learning from the martial arts.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
I found it at Amazon.com-- called: The Lost Son: A Life in Pursuit of Justice -- by Bernard B. Kerik

I read what they had about his police work in NYC. He trained Special Forces in Fort Bragg among his credits. TW

ABN

Green Belt
Reaction score
Moot point now, he withdrew his name at about 8:30 tonight. Probably due to the fact that a small amount of digging would reveal some character flaws.

BTW, the citation regarding his time at Bragg with SF isn't entirely accurate. He gave a brief at the John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center to SF and SOCOM personnel I believe the subject was O+I but, he wasn't actually conducting hands on training.

OP
D

Disco

He joined the New York Police Department in 1986, first walking a beat in Times Square. He eventually was tapped to lead the city's Corrections Department and was appointed commissioner in 2000.

Kerik certainly ran on the "fast" track. Less than 20 yrs on the job and he was tapped for not one but 2 high position. "He had a Rabbi", our term for having political influence. But when you play in politics.........well we all know the rest of that thought. Personally, I thought he would have done a good job. At least he had a background to do the job, unlike other political appointees.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
I read in the paper today that it was concerning "questions regarding the immigration status of a housekeeper and nanny." Good grief. TW

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
I read in the paper today that it was concerning "questions regarding the immigration status of a housekeeper and nanny." Good grief. TW
Yeah. Among other things.

Latest Discussions