Hock Hochheim Posted a Great Reference for the Bicep Push!

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A good way to set this technique up is to use a "Drop Block" ('Using the Up and Down') or "Planting Rice". Give it a try! :)

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Now for the counter: The opponent attempts to seize the weapon hand while the defender attempts to execute the Bicep Push.

Counter for Counter option 1 (there could be many): The Defender discards the right opponent's right hand and then grabs the opponent's approaching Left hand and executes the Bicep Push on the Opponent's Left Arm pit.

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another way to counter the left hand is using using a sweeping Reverse Siniwali/Redonda to strike/parry then seize the hand.

This brings us to the concept Tuhon Ray has instilled in that Siniwali ('To weave or weaving pattern") is not only a pattern or a concept, it can be used to "weave your opponent" to your leaning and design. You see this trait in all great Masters of the Art. From a sports perspective, commentators say this in the verbiage, "He or She instilled their will upon an opponent or team."

anyaki

White Belt
Reaction score
I would love to be able to do technique like this in sparring. Most of the times when I get in grappling range, it turns into some kind of awkward hug where you both go down eventually. Using a stick or a long blade to aid in a takedown, that is awesome. I have something new to practice on! (BTW, I do love the reference to being kind to your opponent, not stepping on his foot when he goes down, although I am not sure if I would agree to consciously applying permanent damage to an opponent in a real fight, but that is a totally different discussion and one I happily have no experience in).

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
(BTW, I do love the reference to being kind to your opponent, not stepping on his foot when he goes down, although I am not sure if I would agree to consciously applying permanent damage to an opponent in a real fight, but that is a totally different discussion and one I happily have no experience in).
Thanks anyaki, Hock was actually referring to your training partner not an actual opponent. It's his way of giving an additional hint how to make it hurt more if you have to apply it for real.

Reaction score
Also if you use a rowing motion against the bicep I find that it works most of the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Latest Discussions