Hi everyone

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A couple of other names that trained in Krav, Wanderei Silva, Fedor Emelianenko, Cody Garb rant, mark hunt, mirko cro cop, Jon Jones all good fighters.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
It matters because you have not trained in it, in your opinion it is not a good art.in reality you are only guessing, or relaying a decision you came to, with no informed authority.
So you are saying it is impossible to accurately assess anything you don't participate in?

Really?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
A couple of other names that trained in Krav, Wanderei Silva, Fedor Emelianenko, Cody Garb rant, mark hunt, mirko cro cop, Jon Jones all good fighters.
There's also a female UFC fighter who trains in it to can't remember her name now but yeah absolutely a number of fighters who do

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So you are saying it is impossible to accurately assess anything you don't participate in?

Really?
I am saying you have your opinion, with no experience, to back up your opinion.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am saying you have your opinion, with no experience, to back up your opinion.
That's not true at all. I have loads of experience in and around the fight game.

Not that that even matters. There is such a thing as objective performance based results/evidence that anyone can examine..and the results are fairly clear to anyone without an agenda.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It matters because you have not trained in it, in your opinion it is not a good art.in reality you are only guessing, or relaying a decision you came to, with no informed authority.

I'm struggling to pick a side in this, the truth is someone who has trained it is " only guessing" unless they have found an objective way of testing it, which would only be in open competition against other skilled fighters an6 other is at best a subjective assessment if not just out and out guessing

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That's not true at all. I have loads of experience in and around the fight game.

Not that that even matters. There is such a thing as objective performance based results/evidence that anyone can examine..and the results are fairly clear to anyone without an agenda.

My point was you have no experience in training Krav, you opinion is only assumption , look at any Krav Maga website, it is a mix of boxing, judo and other arts, are you suggesting these arts are no good for the fight game? I am pretty sure your answer will be that they are legit in the fight game.

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm struggling to pick a side in this, the truth is someone who has trained it is " only guessing" unless they have found an objective way of testing it, which would only be in open competition against other skilled fighters an6 other is at best a subjective assessment if not just out and out guessing
Ok let's take Fedor Emelianenko s professional fight record, just to point out his style is Sambo/Krav. 45 fights, 38 wins, 14 by KO, 15 by submission does this sound like a poor mma fighter.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
My point was you have no experience in training Krav, you opinion is only assumption , look at any Krav Maga website, it is a mix of boxing, judo and other arts, are you suggesting these arts are no good for the fight game? I am pretty sure your answer will be that they are legit in the fight game.
That is literally what it is. It's Mma basically but without the rules. Some Krav classes are basically boxing classes where you hit the focus mits with jab cross hooks and uppercuts and a few other strikes thrown in. Some are pure grappling and ground and pound based. Some are full sparring class. As I've said there's nothing in Mma that's not in Krav Maga

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Jon jones, 27 fights 25 wins 1 NO contest 1 loss, trains Krav, good fighter for ufc?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

Such as?

OP
R

RacecityUSA

White Belt
Reaction score
PM me your contact info. It looks like I'm going to pick up a client project in Salisbury, so will probably be in the Charlotte area a bit in September/October. I'll reach out to some folks and see if anyone is familiar with that school.

In any case, of course, you'll want to visit the school and watch some classes, then a trial class or two.
Thank you GP. I will PM you as soon as I find that on the site

OP
R

RacecityUSA

White Belt
Reaction score
Well I was going to make a (probably smart a$$) reply to Martial D's original condescending and sanctimonious comment but I see y'all have my back. Thanks team :)

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok let's take Fedor Emelianenko s professional fight record, just to point out his style is Sambo/Krav. 45 fights, 38 wins, 14 by KO, 15 by submission does this sound like a poor mma fighter.
but then you dont know how much is the style and how much is the guy or if he would be more successful or less if he had another base. the fact that you can only point to him suggests that he is the exception to the norm and it's his innate ability that are the main factor.

how does an average guy ma ke an objective assessment of km use to him, if he isn't going to climb into a ring ?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
but then you dont know how much is the style and how much is the guy or if he would be more successful or less if he had another base. the fact that you can only point to him suggests that he is the exception to the norm and it's his innate ability that are the main factor
He literally just listed a large number of fighters who use it...and you can say the same thing about any style

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well I was going to make a (probably smart a$$) reply to Martial D's original condescending and sanctimonious comment but I see y'all have my back. Thanks team :)
Yeah don't worry about that nonsense. If you want to train Krav Maga then train it. I have about 3 years experience in it now and I know it's legit and will help you defend yourself and get fit.

OP
R

RacecityUSA

White Belt
Reaction score
Yeah don't worry about that nonsense. If you want to train Krav Maga then train it. I have about 3 years experience in it now and I know it's legit and will help you defend yourself and get fit.

Thanks Headhunter. I appreciate any advice you can provide on finding a good school.

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
well yes, all that's saying is if you take steroids it can work

See now you are just being silly, it's like me saying, because you are knocking on a bit in age, and being able to run 100 metres in 14. Somthing seconds, you must be on steroids man.